Feniex Fusion 600 & 4200 Mini Controller Issues

FFD529

Sep 30, 2019
FL
Hello,

I purchased these two items (600 Dual Color and 4200 Mini) about 2 months ago. Finally got around to installing it last weekend.

I have run it maybe 2-3 hours since then. No issues what so ever. I programmed 3 of the 6 buttons on the controller. 1.) Flood 2.) Pattern Change 3.) Mode 1 (Color 1&2 Attack).

It has run flawlessly until tonight. As I tried to cycle though the patterns to change to a new pattern — now it only works intermittently. Sometimes I turn it on and it does nothing, sometimes I turn it on and it has like a 3 second delay before it starts flashing, and sometimes it turns on right away and flashes for 10 seconds and cuts out or more It works indefinitely (>~5 mins at which point I turn it off and am tired of watching it).

I have tried wiggling wires while it’s on and no effect (on or off).

All fuses are are good to go.

I am pretty confident in my splices as they are all solder sealed and then heat shrink wrapped, and then in wire organizer tubing and wrapped in electrical tape. I really took my time with it and like I said no issues until I tried to cycle patterns with the controller tonight. More specifically I tried to change the 4200 pattern change button from “latching” to “momentary on” in order to change patterns more efficiently. At that point the bar started not flashing between patterns (sometimes nothing would happen at all) and would only change patterns every few times. I changed it back to latching and continued to have problems. It wouldn’t cycle through patterns very well. Once I finally got to the pattern I wanted - the above mentioned issues started. Intermittent working lights.

A few things to note:
- the controller never looses power even when the lights stop working.
- the power and ground for the controller and light bar are spliced together at the ends and crimped into eyelet connectors and bolted down. I would assume if there was a power issue it would be with both products.
- Lights and controller are on independent inline add a fuses (7.5amp) no blow fuses

Any advice? Anyone ever had a motherboard go bad in a Feniex Fusion stick light? Trying to address this problem in parts — redo the +/- connections first then reach out to Feniex. I am pretty sure the connections between the light and controller are good to go as the buttons all “work” as they should.

Thanks!

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
Just curious the pattern change wire from controller is neg or pos?

Reactions: FFD529

FFD529

Sep 30, 2019
FL
The pattern change wire from the light just has to be applied to 12v +. The controller outputs power when powered and when a button is pushed power is supplied to the corresponding wire. My assumption was that I could use that power to trigger the pattern change? I know I have seen that here before.

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
Just making sure didn’t Connect wrong polarity to the pattern. But maybe applying 12v to long with the latching switch did something. I dunno just taking a guess

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
What did you do with the other wires?

tk.98210

Sep 4, 2020
Naperville
Did you maybe put the 4200 in "wig wag" mode? That would mess up how output 1& 2 function. Power off, hole buttons 1 and 2 together and press POWER (while keeping 1&2 held).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.