Feniex Fusion 800 stick vs multiple Talons

whatevah

May 26, 2010
Delaware, USA
I might be outfitting a Jeep Wrangler in the next few months with interior lights and trying to decide on the best method for front warning. Was originally looking at doing 4 Dual Talons or Dual Avengers across the top of the windshield, but pricing and 40/180 optics have me leaning toward the Feniex Fusion 800. Any input on this? I'd likely do the single color Fusion 800 all blue with takedowns, and have the Duals set up B/B, B/W, W/B, B/B.

Thanks!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
4 dual talons/avengers would look tacky, give you less functionality, and wouldn't sit right against the wrangler windshield. In this case, I'd go with the fusion 800 b/c it can sit flush against the windshield (which minimizes any loss of output), it's a cleaner mounting option, you have full flood option, and it's waterproof. I'd go with the 180 optics for the outer Inboards and the 40 optics for the centered Inboards being used as TDs

Reactions: ULTRABRIGHTLIGHTZ

rohmers

May 24, 2010
MA
i did an install on a jeep wrangler with the cobra 400 and it was amazing. cant imagine how great it would be with Fusions! i would do this with all B/W modules

whatevah

May 26, 2010
Delaware, USA
I was going to trim the flash shield so they were basically flush (hard mount to the windshield frame fascia) to the glass, but you've all pushed me toward the Fusion... I know it'll be brighter.

i would do this with all B/W modules
Are you suggesting to get the dual color bar? Blue/white would be killer, just really have to remember to turn off the white on scene. I guess that would let me have a front arrow bar, too (albiet in blue).

Thanks for the input!

Bogie

Jan 19, 2012
Queens,NY
I would run the dual color B/W giving you a B/W flash for responding. Blue only for stationary and flood when needed. Just wish the sticks had a low power mode and sync

Reactions: whatevah

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Did a Cobra600 and it turned out great. Much cleaner than a bunch of avengers.

Reactions: whatevah

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.