Feniex Fusion dumb head wiring

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Just to verify what I'm fairly certain is correct...

Wiring for a feniex fusion dual color dumb head is as follows:
Red - Constant Powet
Black - Ground
Yellow & Blue - Triggers for the 2 colors

I tried hooking them up as above earlier today for an addition for my build, using a Whelen ULF-44 as the flashing source. When I activated my flasher, the lightheads just came on steady in both modes and would occasionally blink, but not flash with the flasher...

Just making sure that I have then run right, or maybe they don't play nice with the ULF-44...

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I'd bet no bueno with the ULF44.

20201004_172503.jpg

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
you could try the opposite by applying steady to the trigger wires then output the ulf onto the red. if that still doesnt work then it would be a no bueno for the flasher

Reactions: TritonBoulder47
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
you could try the opposite by applying steady to the trigger wires then output the ulf onto the red. if that still doesnt work then it would be a no bueno for the flasher
I was told that they are dumb heads... Maybe they are regular dual mode...? I'm gonna play/test them at work tonight...

Its strange that they wouldn't work with the ULF-44... I have custom made T-300s with dumb T-4 heads in them and they work fine, but they are single color so that might be part of the issue...

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I played around with them last night at work and hooked them up like a "smart" head and nothing... But when I hooked them up as I described above, they worked as a steady red or white. I just wish I had another flasher laying around to test with...

Try blue for constant and yellow red as triggers
I'll try that tonight, thanks man...

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Upon further testing, it appears the only way they work is the way I had them wired originally...
The only thing I can think is that maybe there was a pinch or something in my wire runs... (I pre-ran a BUNCH of extra wires from the rear of my Durango to the footwell area of the passengers front seat when I first started installing stuff when I first got it)

So now I think these will be my mirror lights and get mounted under my mirrors on a set of swivel brackets that I've had laying around for like 4 years...

120764684_365008667969677_4433595771202929662_n.jpg 121034190_3531263453603092_2347659900369759603_n.jpg

Reactions: Dave F

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
have you tried to bench test them and simulate a flasher?

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Well, upon further testing, I guess these just don't play well with the ULF-44 flasher... :(:mad:
I direct wired them to power/ground and put the trigger leads directly on my flasher and they just turn on steady...

Now I'm on the hunt for something to use in their place...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.