Feniex Fusion Lightbar Build

em2436

Nov 26, 2014
NY
Hey everyone, wanted some opinions on how to setup a 49" dual color fusion lightbar.

So far I'm thinking 180 optics on the corners and 40 on everything else including alley.

I do love the punch of the 40 degree optics but I'm having some second thoughts and concerns about the off axis.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
I don't know how soon you are planning on ordering your lightbar but if you are in no rush immediate rush I would wait till someone gets one with the mixed optics.

I ordered one for a fire department that looks similar to their pictures of the mixed. 180 on the ends and 40 in the center. That way they have the best of both. I opted to stay with the 40's in the corners so they have a nice punch. I opted for 180 alley's but that's because they won't be used for alley lights and that should fill in where the 40 starts to loose it's brightness.

em2436

Nov 26, 2014
NY
Untitled.jpg

This is the setup I'm thinking about. 180 to round out the corners and give the better off axis and 40 along the front rear and alleys to give the proper punch.

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
I think you should be fine and happy with that setup. The only thing I would recommend possibly changing is the white in the rear corners to amber.

em2436

Nov 26, 2014
NY
I think you should be fine and happy with that setup. The only thing I would recommend possibly changing is the white in the rear corners to amber.

I hear what you're saying about the corners. If anything Id switch them both to red blue. I'm thinking the white because it would give a nice right and left scene / alley all around the side of the vehicle.

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
I hear what you're saying about the corners. If anything Id switch them both to red blue. I'm thinking the white because it would give a nice right and left scene / alley all around the side of the vehicle.
You can set it so the rear corner module only flashes the blue then when you have it in alley mode it'll all light up white.

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Only if you set the bar for single color patterns. Their is no way to isolate the rear corner modules from flashing white if you set the rest of the bar on dual color patterns.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.