Feniex Hammer as a standard speaker

Jsherman88

Nov 30, 2014
NY
Hello,

Hoping this is the right place for this question. Anyone have experience (or thoughts) on hooking up the feniex hammer to a typhoon controller as the high frequency and low frequency speaker? Default as high frequency speaker with the trigger wire for low frequency hooked up to a button on the typhoon? Trying to avoid having to install a regular speaker and the hammer in a tight space. I know the hammer can do this mostly curious if anyone has done this or has any thoughts on it.

Thanks

Jsherman88

Nov 30, 2014
NY
Interesting, somehow in reading the manual I understood it as being able to operate tones from an external amp and also operate in low frequency mode

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Yes, you are partially correct in your thinking. It can operate tones from an external amp, but, they only operate in low frequency for 60 seconds at a time. Alternatively, it can use its internal tones at low frequency for 60 seconds at a time. It does not have the ability to emit the higher (standard) frequencies even with an external amp since it does not include a driver to do so.

Jsherman88

Nov 30, 2014
NY
Thanks for the info, guess I was just hoping they had managed to make an all in one speaker which would have been great. Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.