Feniex Hammer

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Hey guys. Do any of the distributors have the new hammers in yet? I’d love to see some demo / prouduct closeup videos of the new product.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Fever has them... There is a thread in the new product forum... I'd also like to see a non feneix vid as well

Reactions: Doyle257

prty

Apr 15, 2018
Ny, usa
Has anyone messed with the Hammer yet? Aside from obvious details how does it compare to other units like the Rumbler or Howler? Thoughts, insight?

Bvfa23

Oct 14, 2013
Depew, New York
From what I understand from other peoples reviews the standard tones play upon activation of the Hammer AND THEN the tones from your siren override the standard Hammer tones, so it makes for a little unsynchronization of the sirens for a few seconds. I do not have one and have had second thoughts about getting one when I heard those reviews...........

prty

Apr 15, 2018
Ny, usa
From what I understand from other peoples reviews the standard tones play upon activation of the Hammer AND THEN the tones from your siren override the standard Hammer tones, so it makes for a little unsynchronization of the sirens for a few seconds. I do not have one and have had second thoughts about getting one when I heard those reviews...........

Hmm I thought you could skip the tones it produces and just play the tones from an external. Interesting, thanks for input.

Bvfa23

Oct 14, 2013
Depew, New York
The way it was explained in a FB page I'm a part of the "mode" wires to activate the hammer all have default to one of the Hammer tones, THEN it will play the tones it senses from your normal siren. Could be a operator error situation as that was a week or so after it came out.

Bvfa23

Oct 14, 2013
Depew, New York
Couple of quotes from the page,

"With a Rumbler system, when its on, it's on and standing by. So you can "blip" the air horn, it "rumbles" it, and that's it. With the Hammer, you need to turn on Mode 1, which automatically turns on its own siren, then turn on your existing siren which overrides the Hammer siren, and then turn off both your siren and the Hammer. Not exactly a quick process."

" I tried a workaround using the Park kill wire but it didn’t work. I knew this would be a problem though before I bought it.

There’s no way to disable Feniex’s tones that play automatically with the mode wire. So if I wanted to “chirp” my siren with the hammer, I can’t since I can’t hit the button to activate it without having its tones play. I’ve learned to just deal with it, but it is awkward when I accidentally disable my siren before I disable the hammer and those tones play through lol."

Reactions: prty

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ive seen a vid of it in operation and none of that was shown in the vid.. in the vid it showed a typhoon running, then a button was pushed on a typhoon and the hammer came on like the typhoon..

maybe thats for brands other than feneix?

Last edited:

prty

Apr 15, 2018
Ny, usa
ive seen a vid of it in operation and none of that was shown in the vid.. in the vid it showed a typhoon running, then a button was pushed on a mini 4200 and the hammer came on like the typhoon..

maybe thats for brands other than feneix?

That's what I was thinking.

Bvfa23

Oct 14, 2013
Depew, New York
Yes, if you use any other siren for your normal tones aside from the Feniex brand then you will have the above issues, I run a Whelen 295SLSA6 and do not have any plans on changing unless I find another Whelen siren I have my eye on major cheap. So unless Feniex decides to make some changes I'll keep running without a low feq siren.

emcom

Apr 12, 2011
Huntsville, AL
Yes, if you use any other siren for your normal tones aside from the Feniex brand then you will have the above issues, I run a Whelen 295SLSA6...
We run the 295SLSA6 and sometimes it will match up with a tone but many times it doesn't. With wail, sometimes I just get a solid "BOOOOOOOOOOO" from the Hammer. If this happens, I try another tone and see if it will synch. If not, I just turn the dang thing off because it sounds like sheet. Full disclosure: I use ALT Wail and ALT Yelp and Warble as my tones in the SLSA6.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.