Feniex Install Question--HELP!

Musicforhim

May 28, 2016
Roanoke, Virginia
I originally ordered a cobra visor bar and now trying to upgrade to the fusion. The configuration I want is:
R/W R/W R/W T/D T/D R/W R/W R/W
...all red on the warning with flashing takedown and then to be able to go to a flood mode for the whole bar. Found out you can't have a flood mode with takedown heads...it's either or, not both.

My solution is to order two independent white center heads and use the wigwag feature of a mini-4200 to flash the lights like flashing takedowns. They would be wired to buttons 1 and 2.

But here's my QUESTION: Can I splice the independent white center lights in a way that will allow them to go to the wig-wag wires (buttons 1 and 2) and then combine both light wires to also go to a third button (say button 3) for a steady ON? I'd have to make sure that both the wig-wag function and steady on weren't activated together. Do I endanger burning the mini4200 at all? Can this even work?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
itd be easier to get a HLF and wire both lights to it... turn it on with button 1 and turn the steady light overide on button 2

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
You could get away with hooking the independent whites up to the controller. The Fusion modules are dual mode, so mode 1 would go to button 1 and 2 for wig wag and mode 2 would tie into button 3 for steady override. The 4200 Mini should be able to handle it no problem because the max per output is 3.5 Amps. You would be looking at max Amps a little over 1 for button 3.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.