Feniex lLB / Rear warning questions

Missimer

Mar 6, 2019
Virginia
I am very glad that I found this community during my search for vehicle lighting. I have learned a lot but wanted some opinions. This will be going in a Toyota Sequoia full size SUV.

I was going to add a Feniex Fusion ILB and I was thinking of this set up;
R40/R180/TD/R40-R40/TD/R180/R40.
My thoughts were - not to tuck to 180 wide warning pattern behind the flash shield on the end of the bar - defeats the purpose?
Is there a reason to keep the takedowns in the center? I think it might blend better in the mix if there was red on both sides. Will it make the red pattern odd when the takedowns are not in the mix? I might be overlooking something. Is there a way to get the white to just flash in the pattern mix then turn on the takedowns when needed instead of the slow wig wag pattern they offer? I have a habit of overthinking things....

The rear warning I seem to flip flopping on a fusion 400 or their new Geo 400 or 600. I cannot seem to find what light spread (40 vs 180 or mixed) for the rear through the tint in the windows. I cannot find anything on the Geos performance through window tint. These lights will be all red.

I welcome all thoughts and opinions.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
If you need more off axis (intersection) then you'd be better off doing a 50/50 mix 40/180. Spacing out the TDs makes more sense from a flashing stand point yet still works as intended for TD. Anything going behind tint should be 40, 180 is useless.

Go with an all 40 400 for the rear. The geo series is good but fusion will blast right thru the tint.

Missimer

Mar 6, 2019
Virginia
If you need more off axis (intersection) then you'd be better off doing a 50/50 mix 40/180. Spacing out the TDs makes more sense from a flashing stand point yet still works as intended for TD. Anything going behind tint should be 40, 180 is useless.

Go with an all 40 400 for the rear. The geo series is good but fusion will blast right thru the tint.
Thank you. Should I be concerned with the tint line at the top of the windshield?

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
It depends. Any tint will hurt output on linear or hourglass style optics. TIR punches through better.

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
I actually had the same issue right before i got my lights installed with my tint strip. I ended up removing the strip all together and keeping my optics at 40 degrees, And my tint strip was only 25 %, that was after i removed my 5%.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I am very glad that I found this community during my search for vehicle lighting. I have learned a lot but wanted some opinions. This will be going in a Toyota Sequoia full size SUV.

I was going to add a Feniex Fusion ILB and I was thinking of this set up;
R40/R180/TD/R40-R40/TD/R180/R40.
My thoughts were - not to tuck to 180 wide warning pattern behind the flash shield on the end of the bar - defeats the purpose?
Is there a reason to keep the takedowns in the center? I think it might blend better in the mix if there was red on both sides. Will it make the red pattern odd when the takedowns are not in the mix? I might be overlooking something. Is there a way to get the white to just flash in the pattern mix then turn on the takedowns when needed instead of the slow wig wag pattern they offer? I have a habit of overthinking things....

The rear warning I seem to flip flopping on a fusion 400 or their new Geo 400 or 600. I cannot seem to find what light spread (40 vs 180 or mixed) for the rear through the tint in the windows. I cannot find anything on the Geos performance through window tint. These lights will be all red.

I welcome all thoughts and opinions.

Thank you.

I would go with the 40 optics in a fusion for the rear. The geo’s 60 optics won’t punch through as well. I’d do (2) 40 degrees & (4) 180s because (including the TDs) the you have half and half of TIR and linear

Nov 1, 2010
Mass.
Thank you. Should I be concerned with the tint line at the top of the windshield?

Toyotas are tough on this one. I have a 2011 Tacoma with a very dark factory blue tint strip at the top of the windshield. I've gone through a AWL Venom 4.0 and Strobes N More ILB, with neither working for me - too much output was lost for my liking. I ended up going with a Tir6 Slimlighter behind the rearview mirror, just below the tint. If I was able to find a windshield for a 2005-2015 Tacoma that did not have the tint, I'd go with that, but it seems that every windshield made for them has the tint.

I'm assuming the Sequoia has a similar tint strip, so it's definitely a judgement call on whether going with an interior bar at all will work for you. I would definitely avoid the 180* optics, at a bare minimum.

Edit: I run Red and White. I'm guessing that if one ran blue and white, the Toyota factory blue-ish tint wouldn't make as much of a difference, so YMMV.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.