Feniex Questions: WideLux, T3

Jtsou

Nov 6, 2011
NC
First question is has anyone had issues syncing a Wide Lux light with a T3?

I really had not expected to be able to do so but the way this chart reads they should sync: https://www.feniex.com/uploads/products/media/sync_v2.1_V20Fo.pdf

I tried but instead of synchronizing the wide Lux seems to “blip” before every flash as if it’s trying to sync up but won’t do so.

Also for the wide lux I’m assuming the only wire that draws any amps is going to be the red power wires instead of the “trigger wires”. I’ve got a ton of 18 guage wire I’d like to use for the trigger wires if they dont draw any major current.

Jtsou

Nov 6, 2011
NC
The red wire carries the load (2a or so on steady burn for a 9x7 wide lux. A couple mA on the “trigger” wires for anyone that’s interested.

Anyone ever thought to use Cat5e/Cat 6 for these trigger wires? There’s about 4-5 trigger wires that can be fed from the console. The 22-23 gauge wires are plenty to carry the current on the trigger wires.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.