May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
100 watt  remote mount please.... :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Was wondering how long before siren manufacturers got into the custom voice/tones being that we are in the digital music era.  Glad to see Feniex as the first company to put that feature out there. 

I hope they add a capability for end users to custom make 1 or 2 of their own via PC connection or Bluetooth. (Mua-ha-ha)

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
I hope they add a capability for end users to custom make 1 or 2 of their own via PC connection or Bluetooth. (Mua-ha-ha)

I second this although I understand if that never happens- I see a lot of end users finding audio files for say an eq2b or something along thoses lines... It would be freakin awesome but I have a feeling Fed-Sig would have a problem with that

other companies too- that was just an example

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
I like the siren.  I like the idea that you can add your own tones.  But I'm far from convinced that the built-in sound bites like "Stay in your car" and the others will be useful.  You'd need multiple buttons to trigger them all, and seriously, if I'm doing a felony stop I'm not going to be reaching into the car & pushing buttons in sequence to give orders.  I'll either just grab the PA mic, or (more likely) be yelling from behind my car door.

Now, if you like in an area prone to tornadoes, nuclear melt-downs, severe storms, etc. and want to have a prerecorded message telling people to get to shelter or whatever, that MIGHT be useful.

Reactions: daniel_medic

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Now... Can you make the ECHO tone and say the mechanical tone run at the same time?? Would also like to see Feniex allow end user customization of this.

Seth

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
I like the siren.  I like the idea that you can add your own tones.  But I'm far from convinced that the built-in sound bites like "Stay in your car" and the others will be useful.  You'd need multiple buttons to trigger them all, and seriously, if I'm doing a felony stop I'm not going to be reaching into the car & pushing buttons in sequence to give orders.  I'll either just grab the PA mic, or (more likely) be yelling from behind my car door.

Now, if you like in an area prone to tornadoes, nuclear melt-downs, severe storms, etc. and want to have a prerecorded message telling people to get to shelter or whatever, that MIGHT be useful.

good point, but what if the buttons were incorporated into the PA mic itself?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I think having the option to loop the soundfiles would be cool too (If it doesn't already)

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida

I think some of these files could be incredibly useful in tactical situations. Using your car as a distraction and able to activate tones/sound files in the car from a remote location (i.e. Bluetooth) is ideal.

we've used radio rebroadcast in a car parked in front of a barricaded suspect at night with all the front lights activated.  Had it on a radio channel to broadcast from a remote location. Suspect was firing from a front fortified position on the empty car while swat went in the rear and dropped him. 

just a thought what if the pre recorded commands could be switched from English to the most common secondary language in the jurisdiction. 

For example I'm from Los Angeles so if I could get those commands in Spanish it would be better for the officer to known the the command given was pronounced correctly. 

Just a thought

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
Any idea as to a release date and price yet?

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
It's that including the storm, or is that just an add on module?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I don't know of any add on module.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Judging by the date of the video and the sound quality I'd guess someone plugged an MP3 player into the PA or radio rebroadcast.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
someone isn't going to make their ebay listed ship dates... lol

Reactions: PJD642

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
standing by waiting for it...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.