Feniex Storm PRO Siren and Typhoon Speaker

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Feniex will be releasing video, pictures, and more info next week but preliminary info has been told to the rest of the Feniex Dealers.

The Storm siren replaces the Haleo Siren with cleaned up wail, yelp, and phaser tone. They have also added horn ring activation, hands free activation, a more rugged housing, and 120 watt peak output(105 watt constant).

They Typhoon siren will be the smallest 100 watt aluminum housing speaker in the industry.

Stay tuned for more.

Safe to say this will make the 4200 a little more desirable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
The Typhoon Speaker will be up on my site shortly with a price of $125.

This speaker will not be your typical square low profile speaker. It is more of an octagon.

The Storm Siren will cost a mere $99.00

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
Yeah, ditto what he said ;)

And the new siren driver definitely makes the 4200 more desirable!!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Feniex has officially announced the Feniex Storm has been upgraded. It is now the Feniex Storm Pro Siren.

That big bulky brick many of us complained about?  Yeah well its now 50% smaller and looks more attractive (to fit with the rest of the Feniex product line). 

I can proudly say that this thing is probably the loudest 100 watt siren on the market. Specs on peak watts will come.  The siren now 8 tones, radio re-broadcast, park kill, and horn ring activation. The price will remain unchanged.

Feniex listened to input from their customers and dealers on this one. Thank yourselves for the improvements!

Here is a sketch... more pictures will be released shortly.

Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 7.15.49 PM.png

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
The Storm Pro Siren 50% smaller than the current Storm. This will also be made out of all Aluminum. StormPro.jpg

The Storm Pro will have horn ring activation, park kill, radio rebroadcast and a detachable Microphone. Additionally, you will have an RJ-45 port for compatibility with the 4200 controller. StormProDecal.jpg

You will have the option of changing the horn sounds by removing the cover and removing the pins. Additionally, you can choose either Phaser or Hi-Lo,  Fast Yelp or Yelp, Mech tone or wail by removing the corresponding jumper pins. StormProOpen.jpg

This siren is rated for 130-140 Watts Peak

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Any chance the air horn tone can be modified by the end user? (or a version of something that sounds like a Stuttertone)?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
not really a stuttertone but there are two different tones for the air horn you can select with the jumpers

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Not yet... Im sure we will get more info, pics, and sound files soon. 

Reactions: unlisted

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I know i know i was in a hurry to leave this afternoon ill get them first thing when i get to the shop. Its defiantly smaller than the privies version and in quickly looking at it they took off the mechanical sound unless i missed something, I'm not thrilled about that part.
Got to remove the jumper for wail and it will be mech

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I know i know i was in a hurry to leave this afternoon ill get them first thing when i get to the shop. Its defiantly smaller than the privies version and in quickly looking at it they took off the mechanical sound unless i missed something, I'm not thrilled about that part.
Please reread this thread for info on setting up this siren, features were added not removed.

You will have the option of changing the horn sounds by removing the cover and removing the pins. Additionally, you can choose either Phaser or Hi-Lo,  Fast Yelp or Yelp, Mech tone or wail by removing the corresponding jumper pins.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Eh... not sure why they ditched the wail/mech label but the pin for the wail mode inside the housing can be pulled and it will be the mech tone

PS... the housing isn't much bigger than the mic :)

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
Ok well i just got done playing with the siren, it does not have mechanical sound and it only has one air horn tone, i also messed with the jumper pins and still can't get those tones. It has the stupid hi lo tone that i don't know of anybody using that could have be changed to mechanical tone instead of that. But i'm sure they will do some final tweaks to the siren seeing as this is the first run of the new redesigned siren

Alex@Feniex

Nov 10, 2013
Austin, TX
All, I thought I might jump in if that’s alright. We ended up removing the mechanical siren tone and replaced it with Manual Wail. We felt that manual wail is more commonly requested then mech siren. Did we make a mistake? We can correct it on the next production run scheduled in November. I think we just finished building our production stock for the next 3 months. 

I attached a few screenshots of the instructions. (I was not sure if the PDF uploaded correclty) FYI, marketing is way behind schedule on the video, photos and literature information. We are told it should be sometime next week however the product should be shipping with the instructions in every box.

See page 9. It shows how to adjust the 3 different siren tones. We kept one default low frequency HORN tone because the lower frequency tone produced about 10 DB greater output than the higher frequency tone. So from an application stand point it made no sense to keep the high frequency tone. Should we add the higher frequency back in anyway? Hi-Lo is for all European customers and Fast Yelp is for departments that call out that tone in their bid specs.

-Alex

4.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

Storm-Pro-Siren-Web-071114.pdf

Attachments

• Storm-Pro-Siren-Web-071114.pdf
    323 bytes · Views: 3

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Just an inquiry- How difficult would it be to add an abundance of different tones, selectable via some computer programming? (ie: like Whelen has done..?)

acs680

Nov 23, 2010
Tennessee
I couldn't care less about the mechanical tone from a law enforcement standpoint, but having to choose between manual wail and phaser is kind of lame. These are both commonly used.

Reactions: badge22

SireLite

May 21, 2010
Merseyland, England, GB
I'm going to step in here with a slight complaint. Here in europe we use Wail, Yelp and Hilo, But by going with what the manual says we only can have Wail or HiLo. not both. I'm suprised that you didn't make phaser switchable with HiLo as phaser isn't used here.

I've also found with the old storm that everyone bought it because it had the mech tone. Why remove it now?

Reactions: badge22

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Time for a new control head.

Alex@Feniex

Nov 10, 2013
Austin, TX
Based on this feedback we will probably be adding in a handful of tones in the next production cycle. We will change the jumper pin selection to a surface mount tack switch that allows you to select from a large amount of tones. (similar to selecting a flash pattern on a lightbar) We can pack up to 20 different tones this way but remember this system only has a total of 4 programmable outputs. That beings said, please provide a list of all the tones you guys would like to see, please don’t leave out any tones because I can assure you we probably won’t have another firmware revision for a long time. I’ll kick start it:

1-Wail

2-Yelp

3-Fast Yelp

4-Phaser

5-Horn Low

6-Horn High

7-Hi-Lo

8-Manual Wail

9-Mechanical Simulation

If you dont know the name of a tone just send us a video link. We can pull the audio frequncy from a video.

Reactions: MEVS06

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
Alternate wail something that sounds like unitrol. Alex im not sure that you need a manual wail, i installed the new siren and was able to achieve manual wail with the provided switch panel by just running a jumper from the momentary switch to the wail on-off switch.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Tone is at :10 and :20 I guarantee you this will sell some sirens.

Reactions: HPD84

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.