Feniex T6 upgrades

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
Just got some new T6 today. First thing I noticed is the slightly different lens. Second thing is the construction. Looks and feels heavier duty. Third, they now have a gallery for behind the flange.

The light seems to be brighter. I can't look at it directly when flashing. (I know you shouldn't anyways)

Here are some pics

uploadfromtaptalk1382805095087.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1382805052759.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1382805079181.jpg

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Nothing has been done to change the output of the lighthead. This change was strictly to combat any moisture intrusion.

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
Looks like the round optics are larger within the frame but the fluting is narrower. Also it looks flatter than the ones I just recently installed too. Curious to get my new ones in now.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
Looks like they added a gortex/air vent, and epoxied the electronics.

The screws appear to be holding the optics, but I wonder if they are also holding the lens as well. I wonder if there was a problem with the older design, with the lens coming off due to glue not holding the lens on the metal housing securely.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Not really... just had some moisture intrusion issues that were not always consistent. This new design was supposed to make the QC a little more consistent. Performance wise, I don't think anything was supposed to be changed otherwise they would have made a public info release touting better performances.

There is not supposed to be any size difference either.

I am not sure I could quantify it but the new lenses do make the light appear brighter, it is slightly more opaque. It also has added Feniex branding on the light, (lenses, heat sink, and rubber grommet as will as new SAE markings on the lenses. I do think the lenses are held on with screws based on what I can tell. I wont take one apart unless I have a bad one come in but they do look much nicer all around.

Nick@Feniex

Dec 23, 2010
Texas
AutoDetailer said:
I am not sure I could quantify it but the new lenses do make the light appear brighter, it is slightly more opaque. It also has added Feniex branding on the light, (lenses, heat sink, and rubber grommet as will as new SAE markings on the lenses. I do think the lenses are held on with screws based on what I can tell. I wont take one apart unless I have a bad one come in but they do look much nicer all around.

To be exact we have a 7% increase in light output due to higher optical performance. Same LEDs & electrical system, just better optical efficacy with the new design.

-Nick

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Feniex said:
To be exact we have a 7% increase in light output due to higher optical performance. Same LEDs & electrical system, just better optical efficacy with the new design.

-Nick

Thank you for the clarification, always great to have a manufacturer who gives us updates with plenty of information.

Feniex said:

-Nick

And this is why I come here. I would love to meet you sometime Nick. Do they allow tours if a dealer were to want to check out your facility?

Nick@Feniex

Dec 23, 2010
Texas
AutoDetailer said:
And this is why I come here. I would love to meet you sometime Nick. Do they allow tours if a dealer were to want to check out your facility?

Yea, I see dealers on a monthly bases dropping by the facility. Come on down!

-Nick

Aug 24, 2013
tennesse
They have also change some of the flash patterns compared to the old version. They have taken off the solid and replace it so it does make it harder now to sync the new to the old .

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.