feniex typhoon programming question

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
I have acquired a Feniex Typhoon handheld. I have gotten the buttons set with the tones I want. The Mechanical tone works OK, but I want to know if there is a way to make the Mech tone "wind up" while the button is pressed, and "wind down" or coast down when the button is released.

currently it just cuts off immediately when the button is released

Any ideas?

thanks
Bob

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
set the button as momentary by pressing on it before powering up the unit

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
Thanks for the tip. I tried that , but it still basically does the same thing except when in momentary it just goes up and when you release the button it chops it off immediately.

i want the mechanical tone to operate like the Manual wail. It goes up while the top button is held then cycles down after you release it.

Maybe it's just the way it works i guess

Bob

set the button as momentary by pressing on it before powering up the unit

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Isn't it a tone you can set as one of the manual buttons? My guess it probably won't.. I don't know why they didn't make the tone wind up more .. it sounds like a screaming cow...

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
Today I called Feniex support. Got very prompt, courteous, personal service. That means so much. The gentleman who spoke to me even inquired about my family's safety and our community's.

The mechanical tone does not, and will not, work in this manner. Also, he told me that there are no plans to modify that tone in any way. Seems like that subject has come up before..............

Anyway, I really like their products and their service so to me this is no big deal. What the heck, I can still play Night Rider.................

Bob

• Haha
Reactions: Jarred J.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.