1.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg
Part #:
C-4017 - Typhoon Full Function
C-5017 - Typhoon Handheld

Product Notes

21 tones (same as the storm)
100W siren
Integrated relay in siren
6 programmable momentary or on/off buttons (outputs/lights)
Integrated 2 output wigwag capability
Buttons programmable for on/off or momentary
7 position rotary dial for siren tones (FF)
7 siren tone buttons (HH)
Horn ring, park kill, Radio rebroadcast capabilities
2yr warranty

$199

Handheld Siren Link

Full Function Siren Link

Siren Tones:

• Wail
  • Yelp
  • Fast Yelp
  • Phaser
  • Horn
  • Hi-Lo
  • Manual Wail
  • Mechanical
  • Power Call
  • Power Call Fast
  • Combo Phaser-Horn
  • Combo Yelp-Horn
  • Combo Yelp-Phaser
  • Audio "Move Out of The Way"
  • Audio "Pull Over"
  • Audio "Step Out of The Vehicle"
  • Audio "Step Out of The Vehicle With Your Hands Up"
  • Audio "Remain In Your Vehicle"
  • Audio "Remain In Your Vehicle With The Window Down"
  • Audio: Ecto Siren
  • Audio: Bad Boys Song

Last edited:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
interesting... how will it do the "mode 2" of the siren tones, and is the horn a button by itself? i dont like having to loose a siren function just because i have to program the "horn" as a tone

ohh and guess the ghostbusters song wont be coming back as previously mentioned?

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Not a big fan of the handheld control layout (tiny buttons up top and looks more like a toy or STL product), but I love the combination of what basically looks like a 4200 with a siren knob control. I think that's the most compact knob/digital controller I've seen

Reactions: FCV96

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Do you have any plans for marketing any of the sirens in one-piece (i.e. underdash) models. I just don't have room for both a control head and amp.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
i dont see them making anymore more changes this year siren wise

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
As a Feniex dealer we like to demo the product once it comes out, so we went ahead and purchased both versions of this unit.... couple of things right off the bat that stuck out.

The programming sheet lists that bad boys can be programmed on M1 an M2.-this is not the case and the sheet is wrong-

This unit will not retain power state memory when wired to an ignition controlled source. So when you turn your ignition off, the unit will turn off, turn your ignition back on and you will need to turn the units power button on to activate it.

I have installed this unit in my company vehicle that is also my daily driver, and the vehicle that gets the most face time with customers. I have had to pull the unit twice to be sent back for issues. Love the unit. Love size and capability, but functions and features need to be re-thought for practibility. Last I checked no one has used radio rebroadcast on a siren since the days before portable radios. With portable radios radio re broadcast on a siren will cause major feed back issues anytime the end user would transmit. Simple things like ignition enable and replaceable PA mic cable would work wonders. Also spending a little more time on testing and quality would go a longer way. Two failures on different units is a little too much. Also correctly documented and detailed instruction manuals would be recommended as well.

Reactions: julietbravosierra
Nov 7, 2011
New England
Simple things like ignition enable and replaceable PA mic cable would work wonders.

Very much agreed on these points. Just got the unit installed in the truck and I am very pleased with the form factor. price point, and overall package. I have my mobile radio ignition wire as well as the Feniex Typhoon full function wired into a Havis Chargeguard which turns the unit off after the set amount of time (15 mins for me) which is convenient, but each time the truck is powered on, I have to manually turn the Feniex Unit on. I took a chance getting the unit since nowhere does it specify whether the unit remembers it's power state when power is removed/re-added, but was disappointed to learn the 50/50 chance wasn't what I had hoped. Not the end of the world, but a disappointment and something I hope to see Feniex address in forthcoming versions.

Also, the RJ 45 cable is removable, but the PA mic isnt? This was also a disappointment. I don't want to cut it off for resale value purposes but never in my Fire/EMS pov am I going to need to utilize the PA and I think that it being permanently attached detracts from the slim and compact form factor that is so attractive about this unit.

I give this all as constructive criticism for feniex, as I have since the company was new, and still do enjoy the products and want to see the company continue to grow. I hope the criticism that us and others will bring forward is simply taken into consideration and reflected in future revisions of this product... After all, it's a brand new product and expecting the first version to come to market to be perfect would be unlikely.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
So how come no one here knew about these secret tones....

Night rider and Jurassic Park!!!!

Reactions: C17LVFD

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
So how come no one here knew about these secret tones....

Night rider and Jurassic Park!!!!
It’s a royal pain to get the commands in sequence and fast enough.... but t the biggest hurdle is getting the basic functions of the unit to work first .... lol

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I'm looking at getting one of these but the all red backlighting is a big urn off... Nothing else in my vehicle is red....

Also now that I have re read this thread are you guys saying that if you turn off your ignition that you loose all warning light functions as well, because the unit shuts off?

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
I'm looking at getting one of these but the all red backlighting is a big urn off... Nothing else in my vehicle is red....

Also now that I have re read this thread are you guys saying that if you turn off your ignition that you loose all warning light functions as well, because the unit shuts off?
There is no ignition sense control on that unit. So when you turn your truck off, the unit will shut off.. when power comes back on to the unit you will need to hit the power button on the front of the unit to turn it on ......

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.