Feniex Typhoon Switch question

timberwolf29

Jan 12, 2018
SC
Hello all, first post and I have been doing alot of reading and researching various manufacturers.
I have a couple of questions on the Feniex Typhoon. Its rated at 30 amps, but 12 of those 30 are for the 6 light outputs. I will be running all of my light outputs to relays, which should require very minimal amperage on those 6 outputs. so 30 amps subtract 12 amps plus maybe .5 or less for each output that puts me at 21 amps. Do you all think I'm on the right track with that mindset? my thoughts are, that would allow me to run a 12 guage primary wire instead of a 10 gauage.
The wiring diagram for the Typhoon is not very clear on the light ouput wiring configuration. For instance on the switch ouput 1, it appears I just need to run that line to my pickup input on the relay. wouldn't that be correct?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.