Fever fires Feniex

JNST140

Jul 15, 2021
SC, United States
I agree. When they discontinued their dual color line was the end for them I think. I could use quads for the rear of my vehicle and that’s it everything else you can accomplish with dual or single color.

I do think their v1 mirror puck was a decent solution in place of SOS intersectors however

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
While there is a lot about Feniex that disappoints me, nothing competes with the business articles that come out about Feniex investing millions of dollars in whatever, or making changes, etc - and then you see the article was written and submitted by the PR guy at Feniex. I mean, damn - that's sad.

Reactions: Tony P

Jason@JCO/FEVER

Jul 1, 2021
Apopka,Fl
So I guess this happened

It was a difficult decision to make. A year ago when we acquired FEVER from the previous owner Feniex was a great lower cost alternative for lighting and sirens. Our rep at the time was new to the industry but a great person and tried hard to give us and the end user great customer service. He was of course fired. The account was then transferred to a "Director" who is also no longer with the company. 3 reps later and after discontinuing the most popular items that we sold (dual color) The road got rocky.

Ownership has apparently decided they are in the same league as the big three and that Quad will revolutionize emergency lighting. Federal considered this same thing a few years back called project Glow worm and decided not to pursue it for obvious reasons. Meanwhile they have an almost non.existent sales force, I've seen a rep in FL once and I've been in the industry 16 years, and offer much smaller discount levels than any of the big 3. They want to rely on dealers to be their outside sales force it seems. When my reps from the larger more well known companies stop by our shop almost weekly and ask how they can help.

Reactions: Dave F

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Sad day for sure... but FEVER's gotta do what's best for its customers.

I feel like Feniex isn't as small dealer friendly as they were.... but what do I know... I'm just a weiner

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Its a shame that Feniex has taken the direction they have. As an installer and user I am in the same situation as most. I'm the little guy and their new product lines while feature laden, are too pricey/unnecessary for most of my installs. As a professional I see the direction of growing their business and competing in a bigger arena but dont forget your roots. Keep a slimmed down "economy" line (depopped heads, 1 vs 3 modes) similar to what their traget competitors offer. Make money in both realms and keep more customers coming back.

I'll still purchase products from the folks at feverinc. Their customer service alone has been a big reason for my repeat business.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
im looking forward to the brisket in october...:eek:

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
I really rooted for Feniex when they first came out. Finally a smaller company with legit good products that was willing to listen to what us, the end users actually want and need; which has now been replaced by them telling us what we want /need.

Sorry Feniex, I dont need 4 colors. I dont even need 3 (although theres very few spots where it may be useful, i dont NEED it)

You had solid lines in the apollo and fusion series. I liked the bigger footprint the apollo afforded, and the fusions are thin enough that they can go just about anywhere. Dual mode has been amazing, i wish more had the 3 mode option like the newer cannons, but alas

Im a little guy , I dont know how why or where it all went wrong. But you totally lost site of “the little guys”, forgetting that its us little guys that make the BIG
budget decisions at larger departments. Just the few people have commented here represent over a century of experience in the industry collectively, with connections that run deeper than your pockets ever will. When your customer service, your products, your commitment fails us, you will lose.

I hope they see this and finally
make some hard changes around house

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I really rooted for Feniex when they first came out. Finally a smaller company with legit good products that was willing to listen to what us, the end users actually want and need; which has now been replaced by them telling us what we want /need.

Sorry Feniex, I dont need 4 colors. I dont even need 3 (although theres very few spots where it may be useful, i dont NEED it)

You had solid lines in the apollo and fusion series. I liked the bigger footprint the apollo afforded, and the fusions are thin enough that they can go just about anywhere. Dual mode has been amazing, i wish more had the 3 mode option like the newer cannons, but alas

Im a little guy , I dont know how why or where it all went wrong. But you totally lost site of “the little guys”, forgetting that its us little guys that make the BIG
budget decisions at larger departments. Just the few people have commented here represent over a century of experience in the industry collectively, with connections that run deeper than your pockets ever will. When your customer service, your products, your commitment fails us, you will lose.

I hope they see this and finally
make some hard changes around house
alot of this was feedback I had received prior to and since I left the industry.

Certainly hope those who use to buy from me check out what FEVER has done replacing Feniex. I certainly have said many times there was a reason I picked JCO to turn over the reigns too... I trusted them to do right by the customers.

Reactions: Hoff and Dave F

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.