Carlos SpicyWeiner's STILL Never-Ending Comment Contest

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
so, i bought a belt last week before the holiday. i got a new belt because i got an IWB holster for christmas and wanted to try out a new belt. the belt is being sent from WI, to me... tracking email says "we dont update tracking on weekends and holidays" today i track the package and its currently in Mississippi... WTF!

it literally had to come through my state to get to MS. before the update today it was supposed to be in my mailbox tomorrow... now it says friday!

and dont get me started on the pants that were "in stock" when i purchased them and then 2 hours later they werent....:rolleyes:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
75% of the Christmas lights down... Sleet and snow possible later so I left a few up...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I'm normally off on Fridays....

Yesterday was a paid holiday off. And today is a snow day... Woo hoo 2 day work week if we go back tommorow lol

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Was off today. No classes on campus but staff have to go in tommorow.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Yesterday was my birthday... I didn't get any blinkies lol

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
The truth is...

combined-spoon-R7SkwRpzmSUFy

There is no contest

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
First night of EMR done

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Nope. The longest is in the ring... But you gotta pay to play.

I'm not starting out in EMS. Our state governing body says in order to do any training anymore you must be at a minimum EMR. I don't know why if your dragging a body of water and or using sonar for recovery effort you need to revive a corpse... But gotta do what your told. One of my members wants to go to EVOC instructor course and you have to be EMR as well.

I'm getting it for that purpose, and because I work at very rural community college. after the nursing instructors leave for the day, up until last Monday, nobody on campus was certified for the AEDs we have.... I now am healthcare provider level cpr aed certified.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Well since I payed Uncle Sam too much money last year and they were nice enough to give it back to me... I am getting a few things for the ride. I've got a 220mhz radio on the way, I've ordered the wiring harness for a trailer hitch that will soon be ordered, and next up is a wiper motor for the f150.

I was wanting to get a push bar with built in LEDs but I need the trailer hitch more.

#1texan

Apr 17, 2016
Texas
Just heard that all LED lights with more than 3 diodes are being banned and will be illegal to own or sell as of May 1st.

High_Order1

Sep 24, 2010
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
I'm not starting out in EMS. Our state governing body says in order to do any training anymore you must be at a minimum EMR.

... and because I work at very rural community college. after the nursing instructors leave for the day, up until last Monday, nobody on campus was certified for the AEDs we have.... I now am healthcare provider level cpr aed certified.

Is that a TARS thing? I have thought about doing EMR. When I went through it last it was called Tennessee First Responder, but I let it drop because of a work issue.

Currently, I too work on a campus in the Knoxville TN area. It's amazing the lack of care they have about stuff like basic first aid, fire warden, etc. etc. I thought it would get better with all the free 2 year degree stuff but.... nope

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Yes I am speaking of TARS but my local county EMS is putting on this training.

EMR has to be recertied every 2 years or proof of 10 hours of ceu's

FDlou961

May 23, 2011
New Paltz, NY
Whats up y'all!

Hey anyone here know if the amateur radio test has online training guides?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Yes all day long...

Qrz
Eham
has paractice tests..

Also look for free study guides. That's how I got mine... I studied a few guides. And took practice test after practice test... If you can pass 10 in a row your about ready for the real deal.

Reactions: FDlou961

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
A month and no posts....so I am here to make post 8,555 on this thread to bitch that my coworkers are driving me insane tonight. That is all. GFYS :)

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
A month and 2 days since last post lol

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
In other news, we have had our 15,000th member register to the site. It would be nice if all 15k were active daily!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
How many are bots... Lol

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Yeah... I haven't been around a lot. Fuck the hurricanes. Still dealing with stuff from both harvey and irma. That and I started a new job and gotten married. It's pulled a lot of my time away from things.

I've recently made the decision to sell the company though and have been in talks with a couple of people. Just trying to get things straightened out and get the site back together.

Just for an update, in February we launched our site again. This is based on the same software style we originally launched with when we first started. Our dealer network is back active again on it. Switching to BigCommerce turned out to be a horrible decision or us. I'm pretty happy with it again. That said we are planning to add about 150-200 products over the next couple of weeks again. Just want the site back in the condition it was in before Big Commerce. Then I'll be addressing the sale of the company.

I will say this, it's been a blessing to have created this company on this site with the input of a lot of the forum members. I never received a paycheck from FEVER but it is hard to imagine that this thing started with only $400 and a bunch of us idiots talking in a chat room. I've met a lot of amazing people in this industry... and well... quite a few assholes. For the most part though, I cherish the entire experience and the life long friends I have made because of FEVER and ELB. I'll probably be on ELB more though once it's sold. I'm not really ruling out anything as far as the sale goes. I'm just waiting to see how things play out. Some people have expressed interest in wanting me to be a part of it still. Some really just want to gut it and use it for whatever they can.

My first priority will be ensuring that our sub dealers and loyal customers are taken care of. That's pretty important to me.

That said, maybe I should give away some more stuff soon. I have some Hats, shirts, aluminum bottles, koozies, and other promotional items I might as well give away.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.