Few questions...

Amanda

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Few questions regarding lighting. I'm considering upgrading my setup for my charger.. not yet, but I have funds coming my way within the next 2 months for this.

So far I have a Whelen Avenger (dual) in the front, along with 2 Axixtech Par36 fog lights. I was looking at possibly getting a pinnacle interior lightbar with 2 tds for when I'm on scene I can have them on steady burn for when I'm directing traffic they can light me up a little bit.

I want to light up the back of the car, and was interested in getting an interior lightbar in the back that would have a T/A function and a warning function. I want to get a light that would fit snugly in the back on the deck and up against the windshield as much as possible. Any suggestions?

Also, I know this isn't about lights, but where would I be able to find a push bar/brush guard within a decent price (including shipping)? I was looking at a PB300 or PB400 from Setina.

Thanks in advance.

cory y

May 21, 2010
Whelen, Code3 and Fedsig all make rear bars that can do warning or arrow functions

and with the pushie for the front... i sure hope you are prepared for the work envolved in putting one on... i.e removing the entire plastic nose of the car.

for a non-police vehicle, theres not much use for it other than looks....

Amanda

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Seeing as I know a bunch of people who live in this area who've hit deer with a push bumper on their vehicle and the amount of damage it saved them from, I'm interested in having one just in case, cross my fingers.

cory y

May 21, 2010
yeah i can see that... better to have it and never use it than need it and not have it

HPD84

May 16, 2010
City of Houston,Texas
Well whenever you're ready i can hook you up with all Whelen!! the pinnacle is cool and bright but way to thin,i would go with a linz6 inner edge and lin6 rear inner edge alot more common priced cheap by me and with warranty :lol:

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
HPD84 said:
Well whenever you're ready i can hook you up with all Whelen!! the pinnacle is cool and bright but way to thin,i would go with a linz6 inner edge and lin6 rear inner edge alot more common priced cheap by me and with warranty :lol:
Too thin? Seriously? One of the (many) reasons I love my interior Pinnacle in the Explorer is because it's thin enough that it doesn't block my view of the traffic lights when I'm at an intersection, or hang down so I feel like I'm in a cave looking out.... Don't get me wrong, you sell a lot of great stuff (which I've bought some of), but too thin? No way!

Amanda

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Too thin CAN be good for me. Have you ever sat inside of a dodge charger? The windshield is pretty damn small. The rear inner edge could be of some awesome use though!

LED138

May 31, 2010
Bergen County, NJ
Sitting in a Charger for 8 hours a day I can tell you that you do want a thin interior bar. I have a pinnacle for my personal Expedition with the TD's and I love it. I have been in similar trucks with IE's and they are just too thick and bulky. Just my $ .02

-Steve

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
HPD84 said:

Yea if you go with Whelen go with HPD84 he's got the best prices around!

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
Bout the only thing I disagree with is the TD idea. The white will overpower the rest of the stuff slightly (based on what I've seen from distance on interstate/state highway built just like interstates). Leaving too much white light on will drown out the blinky stuff, unless you have a type of light that flashes the white against the color stuff.

Only thing I'd suggest for the rear deck idea is to have some amber. Regarding the push bumper, it's your ride. It gives you another choice of blinky mounting and the protection in some collisions. Good luck with whatever happens.

traumajunkie

May 22, 2010
Myrtle Beach, SC
Amanda said:
Seeing as I know a bunch of people who live in this area who've hit deer with a push bumper on their vehicle and the amount of damage it saved them from, I'm interested in having one just in case, cross my fingers.

No kidding I hit 5 the 2 years I lived in Slate Hill.....

Amanda

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I might go all amber in the back of the car. Also, since the civilian charger has the console on the headliner will the pinnacle still work? Or is it wiser to go with the inner edge?

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
I'd still try to have some red in the back. If you end up getting a deck bar of some type, you could do reds on each end that flash and keep the remaining modules for TA function or warning. If you choose one solid color, try a flash pattern that flashes the entire bar. I've seen some 8 head Dominator TIR3s in the deck of Arkansas State Police Chargers. From a distance, the only thing you see worthwhile (for the general public who isn't looking for individual detail like the rest of us on here) is when the entire bar flashes.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
If you go with the pushbar make certain that whoever installs it knows what they are doing. I like the idea of a full-frontal brushguard, but it is just that - a brushguard. I'm not certain that the manufacturers warranty or design them to protect against collisions, which is what hitting a dear at speed is. If it interferes with airbag sensors or bounces Bambi up onto the hood and windshield you'll be at more risk of injury than if you went without. Pushbars are for low speed pushing, brushguards are for guarding against brush, neither are cowcatchers.

I've seen guys struggle for days trying to weld on bars and bumpers on PIT training cars. It isn't as easy as it sounds. And taking a 3/4 inch bit and drilling a hole into the steering wheel pad is not an accepted means of disabling an airbag.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Amanda said:
I want to light up the back of the car, and was interested in getting an interior lightbar in the back that would have a T/A function and a warning function. I want to get a light that would fit snugly in the back on the deck and up against the windshield as much as possible. Any suggestions?

not sure what your budget is, but what about the axixtech dual color rear SV? wouldn't hurt to contact the dealers here on the board such as lonestarpse, ERM/ledguy.net, etc. and see what kinda deal they'd be able to give u

Amanda said:
Too thin CAN be good for me. Have you ever sat inside of a dodge charger? The windshield is pretty damn small
+1. i used to drive chargers when i'd help out at my hotel's valet stand and i hated the visibility of the narrow windshield

EMT

May 22, 2010
NYC, NY
Amanda said:
I was looking at possibly getting a pinnacle interior lightbar with 2 tds for when I'm on scene I can have them on steady burn for when I'm directing traffic they can light me up a little bit.

TD's are unnecessary. As was said, it will only dilute the warning power.... Lighting things up is what headlights are for, not to mention the traffic control done by the TA in back will cover that area, whereas if you're standing RIGHT in front of a lightbar at night (where the TD's would be) you're gonna be impossible to see anyway. I'd ditch the TD idea, everything else sounds good though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.