FHP Jetsonic help

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
I've been trying to put a Florida Highway Patrol Jetsonic together. After digging I found out they used chain drive bars mostly.
I also read there was a conversion kit (made by Federal) that was used in some if these bars. Supposedly this kit used independent rotators. However I can't find any info on this 'kit'...mainly what speed rotators / mirrors were used.
Anyone?
Thanks

Jun 18, 2013
PA
The older Model J and JS series bars were chain driven, often times these were also "smart" bars
The newer Halogen Jet bars were independent rotators. I know nothing about what configurations FHP ran, so hoping someone can chime in.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
There were several different mirror types for JetSonic/Stream bars.
I'd recommend going to Federal's website and doing some research, there should still be support documentation under the obsolete discontinued area.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.