Finally!! My long awaited Federal CT-1 project finished

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Hello there fellow collectors!

This time i have something special. I have been working on this project for quite some time. This is my Federal Signal CT-1. I started with a visi-bar frame, two 184 beacons, CTS lamp assembly and a lot of patience! Everything on this bar has been refinished. I powder coated the frame, mirror polished the stainless pieces, re-chromed the beacon bases and speaker. I had RYAN make me a split red/amber dome which, turned out just like federal would have done it. John Dorgan handled the re-chroming. I had two stainless steel discs cut using a water jet. These discs are the plates that the beacons rest on. Water-jetting was definitely the way to go, as they are perfectly round. The white beacon gaskets are from Dale Cohen. UMAN provided the CTS lamp assembly. FYRBOY refinished the nameplate for me. Thank you to all who contributed! I consider this to be one of my best projects to date. Please let me know what you think, but do not ask for a video as CFD125 has one for you to watch if you would like to see a CT-1 in action. :D

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_CT1.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_CT6.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_CT2.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_CT8.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_CT7.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_CT3.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_CT5.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_CT9.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_CT11.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_CT10.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_CT12.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_CT13.jpg

Thanks for looking and commenting!!

Reactions: tsquale

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
:shock:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Holy. Cow. Very nice, indeed...

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
I can remember Inglewood, CA PD having those bars, very nice..

CFD125

May 21, 2010
Carver, Mass.
Perfect, as usual.

Now there is one on each side of the country. :D

I put a blue dome on my passenger side also, but I suspect that when these were in service, they were running red.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Eric, is there something you CAN'T restore? :lol:

Amazing piece of art right there!!

I like the idea that this project was a contribution of many members.

CFD125

May 21, 2010
Carver, Mass.
It's kind of funny to me how rare, and sought after, split domes are now.

When I was growing up in Massachusetts, just about every beacon had split domes.

A lot of police ran blue front / red rear.

Most tow trucks, highway dept. trucks, and snow plows ran amber front / red rear.

I do remember seeing that exact style 184 dome on tow trucks, just turned 180 degrees.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Looks great! Very nice ground up build!

MIKET2

May 24, 2010
Houston Tx.
That is clean Eric, very nice job on that! By the way, that split red/amber flashing beacon looks very

familiar or I could be wrong but I saw the same one at Ford Dealers house on a simalar bar like that a

pretty long time ago. Would that be the same one?

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
MIKET2 said:
That is clean Eric, very nice job on that! By the way, that split red/amber flashing beacon looks very
familiar or I could be wrong but I saw the same one at Ford Dealers house on a simalar bar like that a

pretty long time ago. Would that be the same one?
no, CFD125 has that lightbar. i made this one myself.

Steady Fred

Sep 4, 2010
US, CA
Downey, South Gate, and Whittier PDs were running those. At first, they ran them with red domes on the rotator. Then, after CHP started running CTSs with blue on the passenger side about the mid 70s, most agencies swapped the red dome on the rotator to blue. Downey PD had a utility van with one fixed beacon on each end, split on the driver's side, solid red (then blue) on the passenger side. Whittier kept red on the right side even when they went to the CTS.

nypd-hire

May 25, 2010
Leicestershire, UK
Eric

Your collection never ceases to amaze me. I love how you get every bar or beacon better than new. I look forward to having a collection as immaculate as yours one day. I have 2 problems: 1)the girlfriend and 2) space (or lack of)

Keep up the good work.

Chris

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Love that vintage photo! Check out the motor officer's duty belt. Yes, boys and girls, once upon a time police officers carried revolvers and spare cartridges were carried in leather loops on their belts. Ah, the good ol' days, I remember them well.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
stansdds said:
Love that vintage photo! Check out the motor officer's duty belt. Yes, boys and girls, once upon a time police officers carried revolvers and spare cartridges were carried in leather loops on their belts. Ah, the good ol' days, I remember them well.

And the siren was behind him...

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
JohnMarcson said:
And the siren was behind him...
Yep, OSHA would not allow that today! The same goes for siren speakers mounted anywhere on the roof of a vehicle.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.