Finally obtained one of these for myself :-D

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
As mentioned in this thread here (https://elightbars.org/forums/threads/whelen-centurion-custom-restoration.83690/), I retired this Federal Signal Model 25 from service to be part of my collection for the rest of its existence. I'm pretty happy how these things work out! The crazy part is is that I never knew these all-light AeroDynics were lightweights! Much less heavy than the speaker grill models, even if those have no speaker in them!

I'll be getting some pics of the clean up process tomorrow. The amber lenses will not stay with this bar and I'm going to order a whole new different colored pair sometime this month. Pretty stoked to have one after so long :)

After being removed from wrecker:
WP_20171201_003.jpg

Safely at home, ready for a good clean...
WP_20171201_004.jpg

Quick video of course ;)

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Interesting flash pattern.
It was set to dual left pattern (each side went from right to left when viewed from the back), but it must have come unsynced somehow.

Reactions: southpaw
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Very Nice.

The Model 25 (10 rotator) Aerodynic is still probably my favorite Aero Variant..
Grease the idler and reflector gears.. then see if the pattern holds. If not then it's time to start sourcing replacement gears.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Very Nice.

The Model 25 (10 rotator) Aerodynic is still probably my favorite Aero Variant..
Grease the idler and reflector gears.. then see if the pattern holds. If not then it's time to start sourcing replacement gears.

I'll take a close look at all of them, Valkyrie. I usually use liberal amounts of Vaseline on AeroDynic gears since that stuff gets to all the crevasses in the gears.

Reactions: southpaw

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
shameless plugs!

Bwahahaha! Yeah yeah, you do that, Valkyrie....:p

I'm gonna go with a real simple but well known lense configuration. Just gotta get 'em ordered up now ;).

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Forgot to post this update! Okay, so I finished this Model 25 two weeks ago. I had taken all the idler gears out and cleaned the inside of the bar. I then took petroleum jelly to all the idler gears and rotator gears so they run super smooth. I set the rotators to the classic SAFE pattern and the results were pretty good! The new lenses have been ordered and now I play the waiting game. What will this look like? Hehe....y'all gotta wait 'til I post those pics and video then :D. For now, enjoy these!WP_20171206_001.jpg

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Picture update! Got my new lenses. Went with an oldie but goodie setup :D
WP_20171229_001.jpg

My lightbar wall is now and forever finished. No more to be added. It's just right :)
WP_20171229_009.jpg

Oh, and I had to move the independent rotator lights to a new location too ;)
WP_20171229_012.jpg

Last edited:

Scoot163

Nov 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA
That is a gorgeous bar! The new lenses make all the difference! Question: I've always used lithium grease to lubricate the Aero gears. Is petroleum jelly a better way to go?

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
That is a gorgeous bar! The new lenses make all the difference! Question: I've always used lithium grease to lubricate the Aero gears. Is petroleum jelly a better way to go?
Thanks, Scoot!

For display bars, I think it works great! It doesn't dry out like white lithium grease can over time and it gets through all the nooks and crannies of the gear. But, if it was a duty bar, stick with the grease ;).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.