Finding old manuals or wiring diagrams

Cpt_Apathy2001

May 16, 2020
NM
I had the opportunity to pick up a Code 3 XT308AS Arrowstik and an Arrowstik controller (part 020667) for next to nothing and I thought it would be a simple project; The only catch was, no documentation included. I thought Google-dorking and YouTube would help me get this stuff setup in an evening. No dice! I couldn't find anything helpful online. The Code 3 website doesn't even acknowledge the existence of the arrowstick or the controller. Does anyone have a good resource for older manuals, or wiring diagrams? Or even better yet, tutorials on the art of hooking this stuff up! I have seen pleanty of people using all sorts of controllers with all sorts of lightbars. Where do I learn how to work this magic?

Cpt_Apathy2001

May 16, 2020
NM
Thank you! I don't know why I couldn't find it before. It doesn't tell me what each color wire does, but I feel like I'm a little closer to having a fully functional traffic advisor.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Some of what you need to know can be deduced.
Touching the yellow wire to the black wire (ground) will change the flash patterns.
From this, we know that black is ground and yellow is pattern select.

ON/OFF FLASH SWITCH: The 3 position rocker switch used to control the LED flash brightness / off states.
CENTER LEFT/SWITCH: The rocker switch to control LED from right to left.
CENTER RIGHT/SWITCH: The rocker switch to control LED from left to right.
Note: Both CENTER switches in UP position puts unit in CENTER operation.
From this, we know that there are four inputs: left, right, high, and low. If there are no more wires, then these inputs almost certainly all require +12v DC.

Cpt_Apathy2001

May 16, 2020
NM
So after some inspired testing of the XT308AS I figured out what most of the wires do. Now I just have to take apart the controller to see how it is wired so I can power the correct wires. I'm attaching a rough diagram so maybe the next guy doesn't have to go though what I did. Thanks shues for the information and the inspiration to keep at it.

Attachments

• XT308AS wiring diagram drawing.pdf
    299 KB · Views: 12

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
The diagram of the three-switch panel in the instructions leads me to suspect there is a low-power mode. That may be what the purple wire is used for.

Cpt_Apathy2001

May 16, 2020
NM
I saw something about a "sync wire", a "fast pattern wire", and now a "low power control wire". Could be a lot of things but either way I don't think my controller is going to work with the XT308AS. Its for my Man-Cave so guess I'll just make my own, or I could just hard wire it to a single pattern.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.