Finish RV45 bulb holders

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
IMG_3007.JPG I picked up a Unity RV45 with rust on the top of the bulb holders. I need to refinish it. Is it painted or some other type of finish? It also has the larger motor. Can these be purchased? Are parts available for the gear box?

Reactions: Windycity411
Jun 18, 2013
PA
I do not believe these were painted. I ended up pulling the rust off of my light with Naval Jelly and a wire brush.

Reactions: Windycity411

UnityUSA

Nov 25, 2015
Chicago IL
Depending on how old the light is, it is either dual nickel chrome plated for newer version or cadmium plated for older versions.

Motors and gear boxes are no longer available. We had to discontinue the lights because we could no longer get motors from our supplier.

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
Thanks everyone. I'm going to make sure it works. Then I may try some silver colored paint. I have a couple of domes for it. Solid blue and red NOS. I do not have any spitfires.

Jackson223

Mar 4, 2018
East Coast
Those should shine up nicely once the rust is removed. FWIW I have found that most problems with motors on Unity beacons can be resolved by disassembling, cleaning, and lubing (I used sewing machine oil or 3 in 1 oil) them.

unityrv26

Mar 4, 2012
Michigan
View attachment 207874 I picked up a Unity RV45 with rust on the top of the bulb holders. I need to refinish it. Is it painted or some other type of finish? It also has the larger motor. Can these be purchased? Are parts available for the gear box?

I have a BRAND NEW never used RV-45. I used the pan and gear motor for my RV-26. So I don't need my bulb housing. You interested?? I also have a brand new amber dome.

Reactions: Mike10

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.