Fire Force?

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Was watching Adult Swim on Cartoon network (dont judge, American Dad and Family Guy are hilarious).
Probably the strangest "cartoon" about people bursting into flames and a group of "fire fighters" that combat them I have ever seen. One even has a helmet with Tokyo 8 station on it.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
As ELB's "unofficial" resident Otaku..

A quick summary is as follows..
From the creator of Soul Eater comes a brand new "blazing" manga, set in a world where humans spontaneously ignite and turn into flaming demon-like creatures, a disease most feared and known by the name "Human Body Ignition Phenomenon". Enter Shinra Kusakabe, a boy with the ability to ignite at his own will, who joins the Special Fire Force Company 8 of Tokyo to fight the Flame Humans, achieve his goal of becoming a hero, and to uncover the truth behind his family's death.

I haven't checked it out yet, but it was a pretty big draw at Anime Expo this year. I've heard some good things about it, but not really my cup of tea. I may still check it out, so far the 2019 Summer Anime season is pretty lackluster.. beside Danmachi Season 2 that is.

Reactions: Sparky_911
Dec 17, 2018
TX, USA
Huh. Well, can't be that bad if it's from the same mind as Soul Eater. I think the last "new" anime I watched was.....Attack on Titan? Or Fairy Tail..

It's been some time since I checked out any of it for some time.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I prefer Miazaki.

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
Jun 18, 2013
PA
I prefer Miazaki.

Studio Ghibli films are hit or miss IMO. To make matters worse, Di$ney distributes and dubs these movies. And what that equals are big name actors in the dubs. Just because your a big name actor, doesn't mean you can voice act in a dub. Just like dub actors, don't translate to good general actors.

Back to Miazaki he has created/directed some excellent movies but I feel these films garner acclaim because his name is on it and not all of them deserve it.

Reactions: JazzDad

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.