Firebeam upgrade idea

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Yea, you are not the first to think of this.. There was a very interesting thread a few years back on the forum when they released this tech. I wish they would release something like that. Bonus if it had multi color and end user control capabilities (and also made a single beacon). But alas, that's all I can talk about on this subject....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Doug and tsquale

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Can you not order the center portion as a "replacement part" and rig it up? I think it'd be pretty cool. I remember the conversation when they had the single pod demonstrator. I secretly wanted to make a two pod SLR visbar. 

DMCGONAGIL

Feb 5, 2012
WI
Can you not order the center portion as a "replacement part" and rig it up? I think it'd be pretty cool. I remember the conversation when they had the single pod demonstrator. I secretly wanted to make a two pod SLR visbar.
Thats what I would like to do. It'd be a fun frankenstein project. Dont want to know what a replacement SLR goes for though...

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
I looked at the beacons for fire apparatus... They were pretty pricy.

Reactions: tsquale

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
I looked at the beacons for fire apparatus... They were pretty pricy.
You can also buy a standard SLR beacon instead of the "IVP" style.  It is much less expensive.  The standard SLR rotator was designed for 'amber' market use so it has a more standard round-beacon appearance.  The V-SLR is designed to match the pods in the Vision SLR bar, so it's a funky shape and heavy cast base, at a much higher price.

List price on the V-SLR is $725 and List on the SLR is $509.   We've used the SLR in red on the upper-rear area of a number of fire apparatus with great results.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
You can also buy a standard SLR beacon instead of the "IVP" style. It is much less expensive. The standard SLR rotator was designed for 'amber' market use so it has a more standard round-beacon appearance. The V-SLR is designed to match the pods in the Vision SLR bar, so it's a funky shape and heavy cast base, at a much higher price.

List price on the V-SLR is $725 and List on the SLR is $509. We've used the SLR in red on the upper-rear area of a number of fire apparatus with great results.
Either option is still objectionably expensive.

Reactions: kadetklapp and Hoff

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
How about using this technology for a 21st Century reboot of the TwinSonic?

Thats pretty much what the Navigator is, Rotator outers, inner flashers, somewhat tall profile...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.