firefighter quads

TangoDown

May 22, 2010
Montana
Very unique! I have yet to meet a FF agency that justifies the cost of quads for response work, but I've heard they exist :)

Good job on the warning package. It definitely gets your attention.

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
They are in Belgium in fact.

We do not have any Quads but an agency customer of mine has 2 and a enclosed trailer for them.

They NEED them where they are at up in the mountains

ambu4100

May 25, 2010
belgium
thanks for all

a 3rd become to built but not on whelen leds

i mount a pair of sound off

i mount also for the first and the second a sho me undercover siren with whelen speaker

yes , quads work on FF based on FRANCORCHAMPS F1 circuit ( they have money :cool:

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
they actually do come in handy in some cases,we have a couple departments in the northern part of our county that have them and a squad in the lower end that uses them for searches and remote recoveries

EMT

May 22, 2010
NYC, NY

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I thought u meant paralyzed firefighters......

linemanjas

May 26, 2010
Layton, Utah
JohnMarcson said:
I thought u meant paralyzed firefighters......

oh John ..... John, John, John ...... that was funny but you're gonna piss somebody off.

On somewhat of a similar note ... we got called out for a missing "quad" on an ATV about a year ago. After a minute of laughing (to myself), there was a whole lot of radio traffic and the confusion was cleared up. Our subject was indeed a quadrapelegic but he was in a UTV (side by side),not an ATV. He did have limited use of his arms and had gone for a ride in the mountains above Salt Lake City in a modified Yamaha Rhino. He wanted to be independant but had gone riding alone (big no no) and rolled the Rhino on a steep trail. It was early spring and the rain started turning to snow and he was severely hypothermic (he'd been laying there for a couple of hours). We found him but neither Life Flight or Air Med would fly in that nasty weather but the patients body temp was around 88 degrees and he was becoming unresponsive. Thank god for the Dept of Public Safety's (highway patrol) helicopter. They went up even in the heavy clouds and intermittent snow. We set up rope systems to get him about 1000 feet up the mountain to a clearing where the chopper had set down. Stuffed the stokes in the back seat sideways but it was so long one of the doors wouldn't close. So a medic had to hold the door for the flight of the mountain. The kid ( 26 yr old ) lived but just barely.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.