JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

whatevah

May 26, 2010
Delaware, USA
RMBROWN said:
bad ass i want one do u need a cdl license to drive one tho?....
That varies by state, some areas just require an EVOC card, some want a "Non-CDL" license, others want a full CDL. My state upgrades your civilian drivers license to a Non-CDL Class A when they issue the EVO card, with the expectation that you'll receive appropriate training from your fire company for the Class A-type vehicles, the EVO course here is just a basic "due regard" course with a little parking lot action.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
philyumpshus said:
That truck has only two Qs; two speakers in the bumper have Q-style covers but aren't actually Qs.

yes, this truck ONLY has 2 Q sirens and 2 100w speakers... ha ha:D

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
That's a fire department with a heck of a nice budget! I see several of their trucks have Federal 176 Beacon Rays in addition to more modern lights.

kd0giz

Jun 8, 2010
New Liberty IA
The chief of Mt. Horeb is a really old school guy IIRC. He wants his people to be seen and heard!

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
aberfitchguy2472 said:
The speakers are probably the BP100s with the $300 "Q" covers on them:rolleyes:

Oh, and don't forget the two chrome bells on the bumper:p

If I understand FedSig's site correctly, the BP100s aren't available with the electric F logo, only the BP200s are. As such, that would mean they're pounding out 400 watts of electronic siren noise, as well as the noise of the 2 Qs.

I wonder if they use hearing protection while responding? For that matter, how many of their people have hearing issues that could be related to the excessive noise in the workplace (in this case, their apparatus)?

May 22, 2010
Central WV
Doug said:
If I understand FedSig's site correctly, the BP100s aren't available with the electric F logo, only the BP200s are. As such, that would mean they're pounding out 400 watts of electronic siren noise, as well as the noise of the 2 Qs.

I wonder if they use hearing protection while responding? For that matter, how many of their people have hearing issues that could be related to the excessive noise in the workplace (in this case, their apparatus)?

Yup you are correct. I just checked it in the catalog. I forgot the BP100s aren't avaliable with the chrome finish and the "Q" grill.

400W, on top of the two Q's, and of course we can't forget the two bells (which I'm sure they have setup to dig somehow). :rolleyes: At least they can be heard approaching, but once they pass you're probably SOL for the rest of your life where your hearing is concerned.

Anyone know if they sold Rescue 40 and what they plan on replacing it with?

David B.

May 24, 2010
Rochester NY (US)
Wailer said:
An ambo with a custom cab. Now I've seen everything.
The Braun Patriot- an ambulance on a 4-door Spartan Furion chassis & 200gal of water/15gal of foam:

http://www.braunambulances.com/products/products-detail.php?cart=34169545403439&n=home&sku=patriot

The Patriot, a versatile fire/rescue/transport apparatus in one unit featuring an ambulance body that is fully transport capable, with rescue compartments for equipment and can carry up to 200 gallons of water. The unit is also designed to have a Compressed Air Foam System (CAFS) system to hold and dispense up to 15 gallons of foam as well as two 1-inch booster reels on each side of the module.
01.jpg

David B.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
nerdly_dood said:
...But the lights in back don't match.

For a set of those MattTracks, I can overlook that petty detail.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.