first and 2nd installs done for my local PD

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
I dont have pics of the one, but do have a video of the 2nd one I did.

Descriptions below:

1st one (this one was pretty easy to do)

All light streethawk upgrade (if you wanna call it that).

Removed the 2 amber rear flasher lenses, and put a red and blue one in the place of them (got to keep the ambers)

Added front flashers to the front of the bar (had the amber lenses, but no light heads behind them)

Hooked up the alley lights so they would work (had to install a DPDT switch also to make them work) (ACOs are greatful of this)

Polished up all the lenses and lightheads (were nasty as all heck)

2nd one was a bit tricky, but I succeeded (YAY FOR ME!!! lol)

supervisor wanted added protection for the officers for loading injured/sick/stray animals in the rear, sooooooo he had the idea of adding strip lights to it. This was done inside the shelter due to being cold outside (drive in bay).

The vehicle is a 2013 dodge grand caravan BTW.

The power and ground is off the rear hatch light, kinda unique if u ask me. The lights are powered by a sound off grill/deck flasher I had an extra of.........the strip lights are from autozone (PLEASE DO NOT PUT ANY NEGATIVE COMMENTS REGARDING THAT!!!!!)

All the wiring was neat (as an install should be, and i regret not doing pics as I went along).

Anyways, the video is seen here of the lights working:

EPD2K95vidspics Photos by firepatchnut2010 | Photobucket

I'll try and get pics and a video of the animal control van with the streethawk that I did.

Also for mods and john, if this doesnt meet up with the requirements for this section, please feel free to move to the appropriate section.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonClampitt

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.