First haul of 2018 :-)

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Not bad for $200! All bought from the Rugby VFD ^_^ ! The guy I met with who's on the department said some of the crew said to just chuck 'em in the dumpster. Thank God the other guys had a better idea! Whew! Bullet dodged! They will all be gone through, restored, and will probably go up for sale in the near future, except the red/red StreetHawk (might be going to a VFD). Time will tell! I've got another lead on some more lightbars and will be checking those out this weekend too ;-)

Original Facebook Marketplace ad photo
30124068_1599447966829182_572739824566403072_n.jpg

What I came back with ^_^

WP_20180417_001.jpgWP_20180417_002.jpg

I tested all the bars with a portable battery and they worked great! The PA15-A 1E worked like an old farm hoss, but sadly, the silver-faced PA300 made no sound whatsoever. I asked the seller what may have happened to it and he said the siren was initially installed on their brush rig Humvee. Since that vehicle is a 24V system, and most people aren't familiar with that system to install a 24-to-12 volt converter, I'm afraid the people who put that PA300 in fried the siren's guts out and now it's only parts.....dammit!

Other than that, a good day all around ^_^ ! Stay tuned for future updates ;-)

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
any plans for one of those switch boxes?? I have a build coming up and looking for a switchbox for the guy I'm doing the build for.

building him a 47" LEDX2100 due to him being appointed a chief of a friends FD, cant complain though.......getting paid for the build :)

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
any plans for one of those switch boxes?? I have a build coming up and looking for a switchbox for the guy I'm doing the build for.

building him a 47" LEDX2100 due to him being appointed a chief of a friends FD, cant complain though.......getting paid for the build :)
I'll get detailed photos of those soon.

FCV96

May 8, 2013
Queens, NY
Congrats on an awesome haul, and thanks for saving these! It's especially nice to see Streethawks being deemed worthy of restoration. :D

If that's a silver faceplate PA300 down there I'm definitely interested in it.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Good grab.. anytime I see Aerodynics.. it's always a good score!

Reactions: CrownVic97

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
Great haul ! I'm always amazed by what some of you guys can find !

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Congrats on an awesome haul, and thanks for saving these! It's especially nice to see Streethawks being deemed worthy of restoration. :D

If that's a silver faceplate PA300 down there I'm definitely interested in it.
It's completely dead, FCV96. I tried to breathe life into it today some more....no dice.

I can make you a helluva deal on it. PM me if interested.

Reactions: FCV96

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Very glad that they got saved from the dumpster. Makes me wonder how many old lights get pitched by guys that don't know the value of them?

More than you think. Most people don't take the time to cruise the web to find out what they got and how much they are worth. It sucks...

Reactions: WhelenNDealin

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Great haul for a great price and they look to be in pretty good shape, too! Jealous!
They weren't in too bad shape! Unfortunately, one red endcap on the AeroDynic has a stress crack on the face, but not major. More pictures will come soon ;-)

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
PA300 sold to FCV96. Hopefully he can bring it back from the dead ;)

Also, this is the cracked endcap on the AeroDynic. Not major, but rather it never occured. Oh, well, the life of a in-service bar!
WP_20180424_017.jpg

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Sorry for the lack of updates here.

Well, the AeroTwinSonic wasn't needing any intense cleaning. Still ran nice after its time in service. I may hit the lenses with some polish sometime, but that's about it. They were pretty clean already. This bar was mounted as such with the cascade mirrors facing to the rear of the truck it was on. From what the seller told me, the local PD in Rugby gave the vollies a ribbing once in a while about the lightbar being on backwards, haha! Will plan on switching later. Enjoy the vids!

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Hard to be 100% from the pictures.. but did they just reverse the speaker grille? The 2nd video aka front view appears to be the rear of the bar.. as the motor and drivecage is visible on the driver side. I see aero's with swapped speaker grille's all the time.. so long as the screws aren't seized 5 min fix.. if that.

Nice bar.

Reactions: Maxim2Eng

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Hard to be 100% from the pictures.. but did they just reverse the speaker grille? The 2nd video aka front view appears to be the rear of the bar.. as the motor and drivecage is visible on the driver side. I see aero's with swapped speaker grille's all the time.. so long as the screws aren't seized 5 min fix.. if that.

Nice bar.

From what the seller told me, they did in fact have the cascade mirrors to the rear when mounted. They had to reverse the speaker grill to get the siren speaker settled. It was an in-house install, so whoever did it wasn't paying much attention to detail, LOL.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Sorry for the lack of updates here.

Well, the AeroTwinSonic wasn't needing any intense cleaning. Still ran nice after its time in service. I may hit the lenses with some polish sometime, but that's about it. They were pretty clean already. This bar was mounted as such with the cascade mirrors facing to the rear of the truck it was on. From what the seller told me, the local PD in Rugby gave the vollies a ribbing once in a while about the lightbar being on backwards, haha! Will plan on switching later. Enjoy the vids!

I see an SG in the background. :D

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Dios mio!!! That's one hell of a haul for an amazing price. Tell me, did it rain horseshoes that day? Or was it four-leafed clovers? Either way, beautiful haul. That Aero 24 RQ AeroTwinSonic is gorgeous. Can't wait to see what the other bars look like after they've been cleaned up! Can't believe that these were destined for the dumpster. The guys that saved them need a case of beer (or three) for what they did.

Oh jeez, you have another lead on some more bars this weekend?! Go buy a Powerball ticket ASAP! Luck's in your favour. Get that Powerball ticket, win the jackpot and buy us all a bar and/or siren of our choice ;) .

Reactions: Doyle257

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.