First time shipping guidance

Pat_Hogle

Sep 23, 2010
New York, USA
I could use some guidance. I am going need to be able to ship a 52" Federal Signal Street Hawk bar. At this point, I'm not even sure where to get the correct size shipping box. I want to have an idea of what I'm doing about shipping it before I post it for sale.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Hey Pat, I've shipped around 100 bars and have yet to have an issue with my method.

If you have a UPS store or FedEx store nearby, buy their "golfbag box" 48"x16"x16" for dimensions. Then buy a 16" cube. Buy 100foot of the 1" bubbles bubble wrap. Wrap the bar in that and sandwich the boxes together and you'll be all set.

Shipnerd.com typically has the best rates for UPS. Pirateship.com has the best rates for USPS. Haven't found anywhere good for FedEx rates, but they are sometimes still cheaper depending on overall dimensions and weight.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Look here for some help.

I have used uhaul sportsman boxes, up to 20ft of bubble wrap and 4-5 bags of foam peanuts to ship 50+ inch bars. Overkill is underrated, seriously, especially for a hawk. Better it show up in one piece than have to file a claim or find parts that are irreplaceable.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.