Fixed controller vs remote system

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
Well it's about that time again. Here is the ultimate question. What do you guys prefer more, fixed controls or a remote. I recently got a SS2000 system for free from a family member for my vehicle. I am currently in the process of buying a new vehicle (Ford explorer) and am kinda on the fence about putting that interface in. I've been looking at remote systems more and more they are growing in me. What's the input guys. Look forward to hearing the input on this one hahah.

P.S I'm still getting used to the forum layout so if this is in the wrong category please move.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
It really comes down to preferences for the end user and their needs. What does your vehicle do? What other equipment do you want to put on it? What other options do you want to be able to have?

It's hard to compete with free though at the end of the day.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
I'm a big fan of remote systems. For the NEW price, the Feniex 4200 is the best bang for buck.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
additionally what the interior of your vehicle looks like (i.e. Console) is a huge factor.

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
additionally what the interior of your vehicle looks like (i.e. Console) is a huge factor.

Exactly, this POV is gonna be a family car as well, not just for when I'm working That's why I was on the fence between the two systems. The price was definitely right for the Fed Sig system. The car is gonna be equipped with interior light bar forward rear stick, HLF, TLF, HAW, along with a full siren system, and lights in the grill and side rear windows (way back near third row). Also the interior is gonna be a standard explorer one, not the interceptor model.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
My preference for civilian family vehicle would be a handheld tucked away in center console so there are less chances of accidental touches

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
I would love to get an interceptor SUV but I don't think my wife would like that to much. My department has 5 brand new interceptor suv's and there great but not meant for a family hahah.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.