Flash Pattern Designing

LunaSingleton

Jun 30, 2021
Is there anyone here that knows or can refer to software or machine that can be used on computer that you can sit back and design your own light patterns for warning lights?
i miss the days of Whelen B-Link lightbars, but im not really looking for "Whelen".
Is there any software that you can just simply pick some shapes, fill it in with colors and patterns telling the lights how to flash and speed, etc that anyone knows of?
possibly even designing the circuit board design as well while your designing these lights?
i want to buy 12 lights, probably surface mounts and design my own light bar/ traffic advisor but i want to also design my own flashing and traffic patterns.
Where would you find the aluminum housing that is used to build such lights, like a traffic advisor type not like whelen i have tons of the edge bars.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
If you've got the funds, Whelen Core/SOS BluePrint/Fed Sig Pathfinder systems allow for pattern creation. Outside of that, you're able to utilize external flashers (sometimes several of them) to create your own set ups.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Only thing I know is Light O Rama but that's not for vehicles...

Tango7

Jul 7, 2020
Chicago Metro Area
It would be really awesome if Whelen updated Command to allow the placement of various models of their products on a blank vehicle type (sedan, SUV, pickup, engine, ladder) and then allowed simulated views of how the different patterns would appear. I know it would involve a fair amount of coding but it should be quite possible without having to revert to using the same methods the GTA folks to to make customs setups.

LunaSingleton

Jun 30, 2021
If you've got the funds, Whelen Core/SOS BluePrint/Fed Sig Pathfinder systems allow for pattern creation. Outside of that, you're able to utilize external flashers (sometimes several of them) to create your own set ups.
but, the patterns you create, would only be usable on their products correct?

RS485

Supporting Donor
Aug 5, 2019
Central MA
No, plenty of other lighting can be used. Abrams for example, and in some situations/products, Feniex...I'm sure there's more as well.
Can you show me a screen shot of any Whelen software product where you can actually (as the OP described), "design my own flashing and traffic patterns" ?
I just downloaded the latest Whelen Command and I can't seem to find any "Pattern Creation". I can only find ways to assign pre-existing stock patterns already existing.

I'm sure I'm missing something...and I'd love to learn how to do this.
Thanks!

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Can you show me a screen shot of any Whelen software product where you can actually (as the OP described), "design my own flashing and traffic patterns" ?
I just downloaded the latest Whelen Command and I can't seem to find any "Pattern Creation". I can only find ways to assign pre-existing stock patterns already existing.

Thanks!
Since I'm not quite as eloquent as the experts on Whelen products/Command, I'll refer to their group for more info: https://www.facebook.com/groups/841741386025774

Ta2dResqr

Nov 19, 2015
Marengo, Ohio

Thanks!
They do have a "creation" section. It is limited though and does not fit the full request of this thread. It has to be used with WeCan. It is limited by the way they group their modules (sometimes single, dual, triple, or half bar). After that it is limited by a flash pattern. However, you can pick a module (or group), pick one of MANY available patterns, set sync or alternate, set delay, and set phase. My doing this, not only can you pick a pattern but you can pick timing. It will also allow you to view the final pattern. Taking it a step further, using virtual inputs and events, you can program pattern changes and/or cycling.

Reactions: RS485

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.