Flashback shield or shroud for the Whelen Slimlighter

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
There seems to be some real interest in a flashback shield or shroud for the Whelen Slimlighter. Some relevant discussion split from a misplaced thread follows.

Last edited by a moderator:

KCB 850

Sep 5, 2010
USA FLORIDA
weldman said:
Someone said a guy on here named HUTCH makes them??

"Hutch" is a member, maybe send him a PM and ask.

Robert

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
I've seen some people cut up and extend Talon/Avenger shrouds in the past, seems like most install shops have some lying around that you could buy for pretty cheap and/or talk them into giving you for free...

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
weldman said:
Someone said a guy on here named HUTCH makes them??

From what I have gleaned, hutch made exactly two of them, both for nybucketman. They look like this:

ai216.photobucket.com_albums_cc17_nybucketman_007.jpg

ai216.photobucket.com_albums_cc17_nybucketman_006.jpg

A fellow just down the road from me owns one of the two shrouds. He is not a member here. I bought the shroud for the local fellow from brian350x in November of 2010. brian350x acquired the shroud by purchasing a Slimlighter from nybucketman. The original for sale thread is still up in the old classifieds.

Before making that purchase, I had tried to convince nybucketman to sell the other shroud to me. He refused to separate it from another Slimlighter he was selling. I am unsure exactly what ever became of that second shroud. Perhaps nybucketman still owns it himself.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
I also bought a shroud from hutch. I have since given the slimlighters to a old friend whose currently using it in his silverado and loves it.

I believe hutch was making them for a short while.

Thanks,

Seth

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
He only ever made two, as far as I know. I was able to recover the one that I sourced from brian350x for the local guy here. However, I am not interested in selling it. The other may still be owned by nybucketman.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.