flasher help

charlie82

May 21, 2010
PA / USA
I am using the flasher unit from a Whelen Responder LED, to no avail. I have the black wire to (-) and the red to (+) on the input side. I have 2 Fedsig viperS2 set to steady burn. The red from one light is plugged into the solid red output wire from the flasher and the black to the white/red stripe. Likewise with the other head except to the brown output. I have tried switching the red and black on the output, alas no light. I know the lightheads work, and HPD states the flasher should be fine.

Any tips?

[Broken External Image]:https://docs.google.com/viewer?atti...6da90bab7d8ce12664290&a=bi&pagenumber=1&w=800

zack A

May 24, 2010
NC
If the lights work then try testing the flasher with a different type of LED lights. Go and buy one of them cheap $10.00 leds from a parts store.

bigcat

May 20, 2010
Hartford County, CT
Re-check your connections. The way you described the hookup, it sounds like it should work, but maybe there is a bad connection on your power or ground wire. Have a spare cigar plug laying around? That is what I usually use to test flashers before installing them.

This is a ground side flasher. The lighthead receives constant 12v power from the solid color wire and the ground is interupted to make the light flash. Try hooking the lights right to a 12v source but still have the ground connect to the flasher. Then connect the light to just the 12v positive from the flasher and connect the ground to a solid ground. The light should flash in the first setup and steady burn in the second. If they don't then there is a ground side problem in the first, or a positive side problem in the second. If neither works then the problem is the flasher or the input connections.

charlie82

May 21, 2010
PA / USA
Thanks. I will try this out. If that does not work, I will head to the station and try the multimeter.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.