Flasher

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
DEPUTYSTEPHENSON said:
I have an extra Code 3 700 flasher and was wanting to hook some leds up to it. I would usually order a led flasher, but would this work for just a simple wig-wag pattern.

No it will just end up with steady burn on one side. The amp draw is not enough to trigger the flasher to alternate.

localhero800

May 22, 2010
Southeast Missouri
Well ive had different Experences.. not with the 700, but with many headlight flashers.. I run 2 500 series in my back glass on my truck with a random headlight flasher.. and it does wonderfully.....

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
Well then I guess your going to have to try. I tried running one with a couple Axixtech Mini 4 heads and it did not work, one was just steady burn. It wont damage them to try though.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
usdemt said:
No it will just end up with steady burn on one side. The amp draw is not enough to trigger the flasher to alternate.

That sounded wrong, so I just tried a 700, a 710, and a 711 to be sure I wasn't lying when I said this.

All three of these flashers flashed with open circuits on either side. Yes, all three of these flashers flashed with nothing hooked up to their outputs.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
I was about to say. They are electronic flashers. They will work unless damaged. It is the thermal flashers or thermal couple flashers such as the 537 that need an amp draw on one leg.

<EDIT> I know what someone is going to say...the Triden is an electronic flasher but needed an amp draw....

Yes the original 1st generation did. After that they added a ground wire to fix that issue.

deputychief301

May 21, 2010
Snow Belt, Michigan
I used a halogen grille/deck flasher to wig wag four of the 500 tir 6 leds in my mini lfl and they

work out great, no problems. Also have used flasher out of ambulances to wig wag home leds.

I have tons of the grille/deck flashers if someone just wants a wig wag flash pattern for their

leds.

Jim Rogers

Northern Lights/lights/Sirens

Pods are the future :mrgreen:

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
shues said:
That sounded wrong, so I just tried a 700, a 710, and a 711 to be sure I wasn't lying when I said this.

All three of these flashers flashed with open circuits on either side. Yes, all three of these flashers flashed with nothing hooked up to their outputs.

Hmm thats weird, I must have had something hooked up wrong way back when I did it then. I still have the same flasher and it still works so I know its not the flasher. When it didnt work for me with the LED lightheads about 3 years ago I called C3 and that was the explanation they gave me but that must not be the case.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.