Ford F-550 Sherriff (sirennet)

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I recently installed 4 Ghosts in a Tow trucks grill. I was shocked to see that you can't set it on a solid flashpattern. I don't understand why SOS would make a product with split patterns only. I will stick to the Whelen Ion that allows you to flash solid. I don't blame the installer on the ghost.

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
VolEms said:
I recently installed 4 Ghosts in a Tow trucks grill. I was shocked to see that you can't set it on a solid flashpattern. I don't understand why SOS would make a product with split patterns only. I will stick to the Whelen Ion that allows you to flash solid. I don't blame the installer on the ghost.
You absolutely can set a Ghost on a solid pattern. You have to set the phase or ID of the light to set it to a solid pattern though IIRC. I have Ghosts on my POV right now and set them to a solid flash pattern with no problem.

Tlauden

Apr 3, 2011
Halifax, PA
Nice install, the grille i think would look better not split, and why a backup camera on a pickup?!? I can see why bigger trucks have them (engines, rescues, etc) but a pickup?!? Can people really not drive something that tiny... What a waste of $$

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
Tlauden said:
Nice install, the grille i think would look better not split, and why a backup camera on a pickup?!? I can see why bigger trucks have them (engines, rescues, etc) but a pickup?!? Can people really not drive something that tiny... What a waste of $$

I've seen camera's on smart cars...F'n crazy. Then again, if everyone was a good driver I'd have a lot of quiet shifts!

Last edited by a moderator:

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
VolEms said:
Nice install. I think the rear of the lightbar is blocked a little.
Stewart says the customer wanted the ability to remount the bar on another vehicle in the future.

Flashguy said:
The grill lights will look wiggling from a distance! ...gotta love the split. Anyways, where do I get one of those sweet Sirennet skully caps?
Again, I suspect the customer wanted it like that, at least they appear to be synced.

Tlauden said:

Stewart said the camera was to assist in hooking up the trailer. Regardless, a camera is far from a waste of money in most vehicles, have a look at the stats for people backing over kids. There is talk they will be mandatory on new cars in Australia in the near future, at the very least on certain types of vehicles.

irsa76 said:
There is talk they will be mandatory on new cars in Australia in the near future, at the very least on certain types of vehicles.

With the way Aussie taxi's drive this can only be a good thing.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
SomeBloke said:
With the way Aussie taxi's drive this can only be a good thing.

As much as a back-up camera might be a little luxury, I must admit i could now hardly drive without the reverse radars I had on my various cars for the last 6/7 years. As far as I'm concerned it IS now a safety device I would be hardly pressed to do without. It saved my butt a couple times... ;)

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
VolEms said:

I gotta give this a "C'mon Man!" haha

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
VolEms said:

IIRC, you can ground a wire (white?) on the Ghost to make it steady burn and then run it on an external flasher. Had to do this on when we used them on our last install.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
A friend has a F350 and the rear camera is for hooking up the trailer. Works great. I would have wanted a console vs mounting everything on the dash. Split fail. I do like the truck

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Nice light install. Hate the ALL diamond plate box, and not really sure I like where everything is mounted, too much of a projectile to me.

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
Flashguy said:
The grill lights will look wiggling from a distance! ...gotta love the split.

Man.... it pains me to think about how much more effective a slow, Blue/Red alternating "X" pattern would have been for the grill lights...

Oh well.

:)

NoVAFed

Dec 28, 2011
Earth, USA, Northern VA
Too bad Stewart didn't wipe the moisture off the window before making his intro video. It looks like he has chicken pox.

Aside from the split lights, the only thing that bothers me is how the stripes are uneven as they wrap around the rear of the cab and end as shown in the first few seconds of the viewing of the truck. Petty I know but it would eat at me every time I'd go near that truck.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.