Ford factory rear deck LEDs for CVPI

r1ms12

May 21, 2010
NCR
Does anyone have any information on these rear deck lights that look like a CHMSL, same housing, but contain a third generation LED?

It seems that pre-2007 or so, these deck lights were Gen1 and not all that effective, but I have recently seen some in that ford factory housing (LEDs did not completely fill the housing btw - assume that's how they come) that looked pretty bright.

I'd be grateful for any information, spec sheet, ability to sync them and where to buy them (neither the fleet shop nor the ford dealer were all that helpful on this one, other than saying that it's an option if you ordered a new CVPI).

Thanks.

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
you would be better off getting a whelen CHMSL or a sound off, they look and work better than the modified 3rd brake lights, not to mention that any of the federal signal / ford upfitter parts are EXPENSIVE...

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I'd also go with the whelen talon or avenger series CHMSL light, it looks better in my opinion and is WAY better!

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
If you want some gen 1 style lights to modify, I have some I'll sell to you cheap (know this isn't the for sale thread, but just throwing it out there).

r1ms12

May 21, 2010
NCR
Thank you. I couldn't agree more, but I should have added that the boss asked about these specific LEDs, so I at least want to get some information/contacts/pricing to make my point for the alternative... :)

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Someone was selling some pretty cheap on here a few months back, but I don't remember who. Maybe search the for sale. I remember he seemed to have a bunch. Though...it may have been on the old forum.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I saw some on ebay the other day just fyi, and i think they were pretty cheap!

HPD84

May 16, 2010
City of Houston,Texas
This option utilized gen-1 leds until 2007,then they went to solaris(arjent and vipers2) Gen3 Super Leds but only on the newer ones! these are very bright,but very hard to find!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.