Ford Interceptor Utility LED low-beam color temp?

Nov 7, 2011
New England
Hello, I went back and forth on what section to post this in but hopefully this is correct. I am looking to get a set of LED headlights for my truck and I really the color temperature of the 2016+ FPIU has grown on me enough that I would like to use that color.

I did some research on the explorer LED headlights which are different physically but I am unsure if they are the same color. I believe those are 5600K from what I gathered. The FPIU's look to be between 6k-8k on a chart but it's a tough thing to eyeball.

Guesses aside, does anybody on this forum know for a fact what the LED low-beam FPIU color-temperature is?

Thanks very much in advance.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
According to the Modifier guide for the 2016 PIU it uses Halogen Headlights Not Led's I think that was a Changeover on the 2017 but ill check for it...

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
I posted a Thread with all the Available Modifiers Guides links as Far Back as I have..

yes the Headlights are Halogen and the Taillights LED's

Headlamps Projector halogen in that guide..
Might be a Option.. not sure.. alot to look through

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
The police interceptor utility for 2017 got the face-lift the retail model got in 2016 headlights for the newer model is 5800K osram led low beam and 9005 halogen high beams (took the color temp using a color temp measuring tool to do some changes to the lights but never did bother lol) 6000K leds don't really look any different in color in person though

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.