Ford licensed LED Kit

billforbush

Jun 10, 2010
Northern Michigan
Happened across a beautiful F150 road commission truck the other day with the neatest light head mount up by the CHMSL with what looked like intersectors on it. I googled it and found the Ford-specific Sound Off product. Is there, or is there any potential plan for, a similar product for the Chevy Silverado 2500HD? An absolutely brilliant product!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
That's the suggested price probably be around 300 to 400 which is still too much lol

billforbush

Jun 10, 2010
Northern Michigan
I'm really hoping that Sound Off comes up with a Chevy version of the plastic shroud that goes around/under the CHMSL. I would love to have a nice clean, no-holes way to mount lightheads there. I realize the Ford version is a licensed OEM option and they probably can't do that with Chevy at the same time, but making a Chevy version for direct sale is no different than making a vehicle-specific interior bar. Hoping

billforbush

Jun 10, 2010
Northern Michigan
Using intersectors is a great idea as well for off-axis warning when the vehicle is parked at an angle. Great idea for law enforcement who inevitably equip their vehicles with tons of directional LED heads then park off-axis and nullify them all. I'm a huge Whelen fan but Soundoff hit a home run on this one

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.