FORD PIU FRONT DOOR TETHERS

Dave-O

If it's anything like my PI sedan, then no. There's slack in the tethers even with the door fully opened.

OP
OP
C

CHIEFOPS

Mine's new, only 4 months old, no slack, your's? Do your front doors open as wide as the rears?

Last edited:

Dave-O

Brand new, picked up in July. The rear doors and front doors open about the same. I can open the front doors wide enough to where the slack goes away but it's stopped by the metal dampener or whatever that piece is above the fabric tether.

OP
OP
C

CHIEFOPS

That's interesting, my fronts with the tethers at their limit don't open as wide as the rear doors open

OP
OP
C

CHIEFOPS

I went ahead and disconnected the pass door tether, it did open a little wider to my satisfaction so I continued on with the driver door

They should open wider. Those tethers are there to give those detent bars some slack for when the officers swing the doors open in a hurry.

OP
OP
C

CHIEFOPS

Noticeable difference.
My PIU is 99% POV/1% EV, the doors will never experience the duty cycle of opening/closing as a full-time emergency vehicle would, if the doors ever shows sign of worn detents I can always reconnect the tethers to restrict the opening width again.

Latest Listings

Top Bottom