Ford PIU OEM rear wire conduit

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Anybody know if you can order the PIU OEM rear wire conduit from Ford? Or know the part number? I've been trying to find it with no luck. Thanks!

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
Are you referring to the rear console plate option? On the sedan all you would need is the metal fairing that mounts over the transmission hump/rear drive shaft. The wires are covered by the metal fairing and then turn and run to the side of the seat to the rear. There is no special conduit under the seat. I imagine the Utility is similar.

Why not run your wires down the door sills?

Attachments

• received_1324348260935831.jpeg
    received_1324348260935831.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 24
  • received_1324967390873918.jpeg
    received_1324967390873918.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 20

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
I can't find a picture online, but it's a factory option (85R) for the interceptor utilities that attaches to the rear of the console and runs to underneath the rear seat on the transmission hump. It's a great feature the allows much shorter wire runs and shortens build times.

I have built a PIU with running wires down the sills. It sucked and theres very little room to work with and all the wiring runs are twice as long as the ones without. I have a build where I thought it'd be easy to find the part number and purchase the oem wire conduit. But that has not been the case.
Anyways, it's an awesome feature. I can build a similar one, but was hoping to just purchase the real one instead, to save time.

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
What's the wire routing with the rear console plate in the utility? Is it to the front of the rear seat and then to the sides and then back just like the sedan?

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Depends on the setup, but yeah it can be. It'll go from the center console area, to the rear, if it splits, it'll go across the rear support members. But I usually run my wiring up the center and use a trunk tray to centralize everything. To me, it just makes it much easier.

Here's how I ran my latest build with the rear wiring conduit and centralized wiring.20170703_024833.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.