Ford PIU Wiring Questions

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
In the Ford Police Interceptor Utility there is a 14-pin power and vehicle signals connector under the dash. I'm not entirely clear on what all the wires do.

Pin 6: All the upfitter guide says is "Start (2A)". I'm guessing this is 12V hot when the engine is being cranked?

Pin 7 & 14: Run/Start. I'm guessing these are 12V hot when the ignition is in the run or start position, meaning that the battery voltage won't drop when the vehicle is cranked. Are these on accessory delay?

Pin 12: Park detect. This wire is ground with the shifter is in park correct?

Pin 13: Driver door ajar. This wire is ground when the driver door is open correct?

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
Pin 6: All the upfitter guide says is "Start (2A)". I'm guessing this is 12V hot when the engine is being cranked? Not sure.

Pin 7 & 14: Run/Start. I'm guessing these are 12V hot when the ignition is in the run or start position, meaning that the battery voltage won't drop when the vehicle is cranked. Are these on accessory delay? Ignition only, no delay. Should not drop voltage on start.

Pin 12: Park detect. This wire is ground with the shifter is in park correct? Ground in park.

Pin 13: Driver door ajar. This wire is ground when the driver door is open correct?[/QUOTE] yes but the Fords are known for having a bad signal that's hard to capture with a smart system like blueprint or cantrol

Reactions: SafetyLighting

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOHCZC

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.