Ford Police Interceptor LED Turn Signals

mpaine

Dec 20, 2011
USA
Gents and ladies - does anyone know who manufactures the LED bulbs used for turn signals in the Taurus police interceptor and where I could get a pair for a civilian Taurus?

Nathan R

Lifetime VIP Donor
Mar 27, 2014
USA
Official Ford Part Numbers @ www.fordparts.com

Police Interceptor - UTILITY

Description Ford Service                  Part Number                           Comments

Park/Turn/Wig-Wag Lamp - LH          DB5Z-13410-A                        Lamp and driver for wig-wag function, left

Park/Turn/Wig-Wag Lamp - RH          DB5Z-13411-A                        Lamp and driver for wig-wag function, right

Wig-Wag Module                                DG1Z-14D721-A                     Module controls light pattern

Wig-Wag Bracket                                DB5Z-13655-A                        Bracket for module 

Front High Intensity LED Side               DG1Z-15A101-B                     Order if side-strobe lighting is required.

Marker Strobe - (2 req'd)

jmr061

May 4, 2014
Wisconsin
Gents and ladies - does anyone know who manufactures the LED bulbs used for turn signals in the Taurus police interceptor and where I could get a pair for a civilian Taurus?
If your serious and a "little crazy" I have a complete set that I bought for testing purposes on my SHO. I had to reprogram the bcm to a squad though to get them to function correctly (fast flash turn signals) but a halogen civilian model may work.

STOP

Apr 15, 2012
Indiana
I want to put a set of the Crown Vic set and try them in my 15 Civilian Taurus. Anyone else have any insight???

Xtcbct

Nov 29, 2017
Ct
I want to put a set of the Crown Vic set and try them in my 15 Civilian Taurus. Anyone else have any insight???
if you are talking about the Whelen HALO Super LED system, I have a friend that is going to try it on his 2011 Ford Taurus civilian model, will see how it goes.

Jun 2, 2014
Colorado
I don't believe that the PI LED front parking/turn lamps are directly compatible with the civilian Taurus as they have a different wiring harness with flasher & sync wires. They could be spliced in.

The PI Utility and Sedan front parking/turn lamps are not fully interchangeable, either. One of the twist-lock tabs is rotated a few degrees between the Interceptor versions. It appears that it would work if a couple millimeters of the tab is filed off so that it'll fit in the socket.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
I am sorry if this is not the right place to ask this but..
Does somebody have a video of these operating? Both as running and turn light and also as warning.
Love the older HALO system and own 1 that I use. But no Dept around me have the new version.

Jun 2, 2014
Colorado
This features the RftR head & tail lighting solutions in warning mode.

Aside from that, they function exactly like the stock turn signals, except they're amber LEDs rather than incandescent. I'm not seeing anything for that on Youtube, most departments save the money and just have upfitters add more inexpensive options.

Reactions: firebuff17

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Thanks for the video. Not that impressive for the money in my opinion. Also, in my opinion, I feel as though the older HALO was brighter.

Jun 2, 2014
Colorado
They're plenty bright, but it doesn't show-up very well on video.

I removed the ones that came with my Interceptor sedan to clean the headlights, and put power across the strobe controller. They're on a par with the Whelen Vertex HAWs installed in the sides of the headlight assemblies. They seem to perform the function of providing a wig-wag without using the shutter-projector headlights well enough, but yeah, it's a lot of money for really basic wig-wag functionality. I think that's why most agencies don't buy the RftR options. I just happen to have purchased two decommissioned vehicles (one utility and one sedan) which happened to have those options.

I'd probably pay $75-100 each for them if I was to get a vehicle that didn't have them, I've seen a few on eBay for around that much.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.