Wanted Ford Police Interceptor Utility spotlight and pushbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Looking for a used correct spotlight for the Ford Police Interceptor Utility, they are a custom length. I only need the main spotlight, no bulb or mounting needed.
Also looking for a push bar for the same, prefer used, but may consider a low cost new unit.

2013 Utility 3.7L

Attachments

• Utility-02a.jpg
    Utility-02a.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 7

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
Contact Unity and ask them if a universal kit will fit, if so I recommend that instead of the vehicle-specific kit, it doesn't park as low as it should and adds to the blind spot created by the steep angle of the A-pillar

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
The very next day (today), a Go Industries push bar was listed locally on Craigslist with slight cosmetic damage, so I no longer need a push bar.

As for spot light, I have one, but it is barley fits and need one with at least 1" longer shaft. I think mine is about 9" and the correct one is about 11" and would like to find something used, not new.

Attachments

• Utility-04.jpg
    Utility-04.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Utility-05.jpg
    Utility-05.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 17

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
You may be able to purchase just the longer shaft.
To ensure factory installation consistency Ford had Unity provide a fixed-spec setup, unfortunately it doesn't park as low as it ordinarily could and blocks some view together with the A-pillar. If I knew that before ordering I would have ordered just the prep kit and installed a universal kit later or none at all.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Good info thanks,

I bought a new Unity Installation Kit #259 and had a spotlight from some unknown vehicle that worked. I will see about getting a new shaft if I cannot track down anything.

As for viability, it does not get in the way with the current spot I have. I know my Tahoe was allot worse and I kept it out of the way all the time. I also am able to open the hood without worry of it hitting the spot.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
Here's my view with the light parked and rotated to it's lowest position, combine the side view mirror, wide lower A-pillar and the spotlight and it's hard to immediately pickup a hazard from the left, particularly a pedestrian stepping off the curb or left-turning into a crosswalkKIMG0524.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.