Ford Police Interceptor Utility

May 21, 2010
Columbus, Ohio

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I got bored with that video after 2 minutes, IMHO he needs to shut the hell up and show the damn car! But its ford what do you expect, i mean its the same people that designed a car that would blow up by backing into a light pole! Nothing like a chevy!

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
3.5 V6 and FWD.... Ummm, no thanks.

RJ*

May 21, 2010
Finland
shues said:
You can't have a 2PM Central Standard Time while the Central time zone is not observing standard time.

So they actually change the name of the time zone? What a system... :roll: Still, the US is in love with acronyms.

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
RJ* said:
So they actually change the name of the time zone? What a system... :roll: Still, the US is in love with acronyms.

We have Central Daylight Time (CDT) during the summer, and Central Standard Time (CST) during the winter. Same thing applies to all the other time zones across the U.S., Eastern, Mountain, and Pacific.

iCrash

Aug 11, 2010
New Jersey
is the AWD version pursuit rated as well? They keep calling it utility and I'm thinking the Tahoe utility package isn't pursuit rated but its 2wd police package is.

cory y

May 21, 2010
dave i doubt the HID will actually make it to the production vehicles. Too expensive.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
DaveCN5 said:
HID headlights = no.

I don't believe the Vertex HAW LEDs are very effective in those headlight fixtures, especially in daylight. I like them in the tail lights though. I'm wondering if those headlights are/are going to be halogen projectors like on the new Chevy Caprice? Wonder how wig/wags will play out on those?

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
cajunblitz said:
I don't believe the Vertex HAW LEDs are very effective in those headlight fixtures, especially in daylight. I like them in the tail lights though. I'm wondering if those headlights are/are going to be halogen projectors like on the new Chevy Caprice? Wonder how wig/wags will play out on those?

I agree with you. The thing about the projector headlights is that you lose your footprint. Think of a standard headlight housing as a LIN reflector and the Projector housing as a TIR reflector. You will see it very well at certain angles, but not to great from any off angle axis.

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
My understanding is that by basing the "Interceptor" and "Utility" on the same platform (just with a different body plopped on it), it's maintaing the same mechanical components for both models.

Seems like a brilliant marketing spin for departments with their own fleet / mechanics.

One set of parts, one mechanical design, one set of repair processes... two highly different vehicles.

As far as the V6 complaints (and there was a large debate about this on the old board), I think it's important to point out that on paper at least, the new V6 out performs the current V8.

It doesn't seem fair to compare the engines of today with the engines of yore.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.