Ford to offer Police Interceptor surveillance tech

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
yup been brought up. about a year or more ago.

Reactions: MEVS06

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
This is for you jazz dad lol

Apparently it never got enough steam to make full production?

13TTPP

Feb 11, 2016
San Antonio, Tx
The cheap way to have this is use the rear camera and sensors (if so equipped), just set the e-brake and select "R" - camera turns on and the sensors beep if someone/thing approaches from the rear. It won't roll up windows or anything obviously.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Very similar to the package offered by Jonga, in India.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Yes, I forget they are now Mahindra.

It may be that a US version of the Ford Mondeo replaces the existing PIs.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
mahindra?

stop or we'll stop you?

ai.ytimg.com_vi__kfEaArqXFA_maxresdefault.jpg

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Same company. They are a $19 billion USD multinational group based in Mumbai, India, with a presence in more than 100 countries and employing over 200,000 people. Their operations span 20 key industries that form the foundation of every modern economy.

From assembling the iconic jeep that conquered independent India's toughest terrain, today they're focused on innovation and technology to fuel the economy forward. They still make great automobiles, and offer a portfolio of products and a suite of services that unleash new modes of thinking, bringing to life unimagined possibilities.

Or so I'm told.

Whereas the Enforcer is popular in the Philippines, I would love to get my hands on a NuvoSport.

Enforcer.jpg

I think you might get stopped by the local constabulary if you drove around in a Marksman.

Marksman.jpg

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Wrong colored lights

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Of course there’s always the BAW (Beijing Automobile Works) Luba.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
For routine urban patrol, the Mahindra e2o may fit the bill.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.