Ford's new decontamination procedure

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Interesting idea: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ion-software-police-vehicles-coronavirus.html

Cliff notes from the press release:
  • Ford has designed a new heated software enhancement to pilot with its Police Interceptor Utility – one that law enforcement agencies across the country can utilize to help reduce the footprint of the COVID-19 virus.
  • Software solution temporarily raises interior temperatures beyond 133 degrees Fahrenheit – hotter than Death Valley on the hottest day – for 15 minutes to help reduce the viral concentration inside the vehicle by greater than 99 percent
  • Ford worked with The Ohio State University to determine the temperature range and time needed to help reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus; additionally, Ford conducted software operational trials with vehicles owned by the New York City Police Department, Los Angeles Police Department and others

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i mean ambulances are using medical grade UV light so why not do that...

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
"Law enforcement will have multiple ways to monitor progress. Hazard lights and taillights will flash in a pre-set pattern to notify when the process has begun, then will change at the end to signal completion."

Noticing the OC foam covering the inside of all of your windows might be another clue.

Impala9C1

Sep 28, 2018
Arizona
The few times I had to kill off anything in my cars basically consisted of me parking in the sun and spraying it down inside and cranking the heater up with closed windows while I waited next to it. In AZ, it worked well for me. Also was not my own cars anyway. Just let it air out good and back to work. After field decon, I get back in and carry on with the windows down. For quite a while. Hopefully I did not have to use it again for a while.

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
Most bacteria thrive from 40 to 140 degree F. So it may kill the wuhan flu but cause other bacteria, like e.coli and staph, present on our skin, to multiply.

What could possibly go wrong?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.