FOUND - Lightbar cables

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Surprised I couldn't find a thread or sticky about this. (I didn't dive into the archive). I've come into a FS Vista that is in near new condition, only problem is the cable has been cut to about 8 inches (bastards).

Other than going to the MFR. or fabbing up my own, where can one find multiconductor light bar cables?? I'm talking 18-22 conductor, 14ga. for 10-20 amp loads per conductor all wrapped in a black or grey casing. Allied electronics had a few but they were 16ga conductor.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Pretty much. I just did a facepalm...the Vista manual shows 22 conductors coming out of the bar. I just went and checked, the actual bar has 13 for the bar, 8ga ground, and a separate smaller 13 conductor for the Signalmaster.

The manual I downloaded is a generic "catchall" manual for the different models apparently. I have 7 different colors of wire in the shop, I may grab a couple others and try to fab my own up. 13 is a lot easier to make than 22, lol.

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
You can still buy 7 core multiconnector halogen strobe etc lightbar cable from Code 3 or for make your own with some heavy duty trailer wire and a separate 8ga ground. Obviously not enough for lots of functions ( ie the Vista above) but for many lightbar rewires ideal ( and cheap)

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Cables found! Thank you shues!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.