Found out how to run cable for 96 CV

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Well I asked this questioned in the Visual thread and got some answers not the ones I needed though.

When I bought the CV it had a damaged drivers door and fender.

The wife used it and the brakes failed (nobody hurt or property).

Found out the lines to the frt. brake valve block blew.

Anyway back on topic since needing to fix brake decided to do the body work.

When the lft. frt. fender was removed was able to see the parking brake cable coming out of the fire wall upon closer inspection from inside determined could run power close to it. 8ga wire used

Took a uni-bit and drilled a 3/4" hole next to the e-brake and put a pass through plug in and or grommet your choose used what I had.

This comes in by the e-brake next carpet and you take out kick panel and can run along the floor to the seat or you can run it up under dash.

Outside ran wire along side of hood release cable, through the lft. headlight by air filter box. Down to cable assembly running behind radiator up through rt. headlight mounting hole and to battery. Used zip ties to secure the cable to. When done will have 60 amp max fuse holder on the inner fender well (waterproof).

Inside will have power distribution box.IE: fuse box.

Didn't have time for pictures will provide later.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Check out my install thread.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.