Franken Aero!

Jun 18, 2013
PA
So a little early for Halloween, but what the heck!
I'd like to say "IT'S ALIVE!" but its not :( well at least not yet, give me a crack at her I'll get it working.

And yet another FB Marketplace find, what drew my attention was the crossfire in the center, my plan was to hopefully acquire a complete CF center unit so I can finish another rebuild I am working on.

Interesting thing here is that the seller converted a 25 CF Series A to a wrecker bar. And to be completely honest I think he may have been onto something here, this could have been SO MUCH worse.

Optimized-20210924_172325.jpg
This is the Front of the bar.. ignore the DOT lights, take note of which way the CF is facing.

Optimized-20210924_172338.jpg
Rear of the bar.. give away is the motor, he had this facing front.

Optimized-20210924_173302.jpg
Front again, note the direction of the CF.

Optimized-20210924_173316.jpg

So first thing I noticed is the CF, which is why I went to get it.
He ziptied it solid, and setup a flasher on it.
Optimized-20210924_173408.jpg

Its missing the entire rear drive cage.. probably impossible to find at this point.

Optimized-20210924_173403.jpg
And the motor, unfortunately its frozen, I'll work with it abit and see if I can bring some life back into it.
If not this and another will be on their way to @Skulldigger .

Added bonus.. he found the "mounts" and gave them to me..
Optimized-20210924_172913.jpg

They were worth the cost of admission alone.

I will need a new endcap for the one dome, but they are mostly dirty, I probably can get them buffed out and looking great, then probably sell em.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Interesting thing is, that without the drive cage the CF is pretty much useless as-is. He wired the bulbs to a flasher and positioned them so they would not move around. Basically he turned a CF into a pair of wig-wags.

The DOT lights I believe are the same ones used on my RWLI, as well as the Grote STTs which are missing the lenses.

Reactions: stansdds
Jun 18, 2013
PA

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.